Return to 3 buck limit but....

jb357

Winchester":385jl2pc said:
jb357":385jl2pc said:
Winchester":385jl2pc said:
I'm basing my post strictly on what TWRA reports yearly, their #'s say we killed more immature bucks last yr with the 2 buck limit vs when it was 3.
I could care less what BSK or anyone else had to say previously, and it was a public statement TWRA made saying they did NOT recommend the change to 2 bucks. Just facts I'm posting about, no rumors.
How does twra record the age? Ive killed alot of deer in Tennessee and never had the first one aged by an officer.
They age a small % of them during opening wknd of MZ and Gun season each yr at designated places (used to be check stations, now Processing places).
TWRA says its enough of a sample size to get an accurate % per age class???
That's laughable. There's no way they can accurately get a season long age average with that small of a sample. That has to be a single digit sample percentage.

Rockhound

This is stupid, I've never seen so many people throw their money at something and beg to have rights taken away. Or better yet beg to take someone else's rights away. Sounds just like liberal freaking democrats

MXB 400

Rockhound":2hxd9m4f said:
This is stupid, I've never seen so many people throw their money at something and beg to have rights taken away. Or better yet beg to take someone else's rights away. Sounds just like liberal freaking democrats
Well said

jb357

Rockhound":32tnwsbt said:
Pissing and moaning when someone doesn't share your opinion or things don't swing in your favor sounds more liberal than anything that's been said in this thread

TN RDG RNR

csi-tech":312g23jw said:
We already lost our bonus buck at LBL this year. I think there are enough restrictions. I like a 2 buck rule. If you get a good buck early, you still have the rest of the season to hunt that buck of a lifetime.

Yep the bonus buck was just another small step toward one buck limit.

Rockhound

jb357":1f0aolgq said:
Rockhound":1f0aolgq said:
Pissing and moaning when someone doesn't share your opinion or things don't swing in your favor sounds more liberal than anything that's been said in this thread

I could care less to be honest, I hope it doesn't change anymore than it has, but if it does I'll just do as I please and not worry about it. It's the ones who are leasing land/written permission, that are going to be effected in the long run. Wait and see. And when license ales continue to drop and your fees continue to increase don't be crying foul.

jb357

mike243":2p4l45go said:
Deer season any weapon 3 bucks.kids get the woods before any body is there to educate the deer
Let's just go ahead and legalize spotlights and baiting to make sure noone is left out.

TN RDG RNR":2p4l45go said:
csi-tech":2p4l45go said:
We already lost our bonus buck at LBL this year. I think there are enough restrictions. I like a 2 buck rule. If you get a good buck early, you still have the rest of the season to hunt that buck of a lifetime.

Right, it wasn't to help the population by slowing down the trigger happy "I got drawn so I'm killing whatever buck walks by" hunters

Winchester

MXB 400":2xtibkl7 said:
Rockhound":2xtibkl7 said:
Well said
X3
Failed in its first yr of existence.

TN RDG RNR

jb357":1flj98ou said:
mike243":1flj98ou said:
Deer season any weapon 3 bucks.kids get the woods before any body is there to educate the deer
Let's just go ahead and legalize spotlights and baiting to make sure noone is left out.

TN RDG RNR":1flj98ou said:
csi-tech":1flj98ou said:

Right, it wasn't to help the population by slowing down the trigger happy "I got drawn so I'm killing whatever buck walks by" hunters
Yawn

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Headhunter

TN RDG RNR":37w2x09o said:
csi-tech":37w2x09o said:

Pretty sad statement. The change at LBL has nothing to with the general consensus that the deer population is not in good shape, some are even saying that the population is getting in really bad shape, but for all the whiners I guess it is just a step to a one buck limit. Liberals love to say whatever they can to get the answer they want.

Winchester

deer hunter 21":5rkt2uiz said:
Nobody has answered my question yet, what is the big advantage about the 3rd buck?
Its an opportunity that every deer hunter in the state had at their disposal if they got the chance to use it. It wasn't being abused or overused and was simply another opportunity for those who got the chance to use it. The #'s from last yr prove this as we killed more immature bucks with a 2 buck limit than we did previously with the 3 buck limit. Hunters were already self policing themselves with the 3 buck limit and being conservative on what they shot voluntarily. NO NEED for more restrictions.

AT Hiker

deer hunter 21":1bphz670 said:
Nobody has answered my question yet, what is the big advantage about the 3rd buck?

Simple, it's one more buck. Some say opportunity was lost (even though hunters rarely ever killed 3 bucks) but those that did kill 2 have to stop buck hunting now as before they didn't.
Biologically both a 2 or 3 buck limit is fine (according to many experts with some on here, some no longer visit this site now ). Some say the 3 buck limit was a great compromise between hunter satisfaction and biological reasoning. Some say the 2 buck limit will have a slightly better impact (increase overall buck age structure and therefore increase potential buck harvest for all hunters).
The biggest issue some have appears to be that the limit debate/change was a backdoor deal. IMO, the whole thing was a screw up from the word go. It started with a misleading representation of TN buck age structure, then a biased survey then snowballed into a debate that left some commissioners in the dark. Some say this turned the whole debate into a political fiasco.

So what is the advantage of a third buck? Good question and besides getting more bang for your buck (pun intended) good luck getting a statement that is not biased in some fashion. I will venture to say our herd is in pretty good shape, now some people want to go one direction and others liked the path we were on. Notice the name calling is back? Sure sign of a debate that is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN RDG RNR

Headhunter":3tyb3yci said:
TN RDG RNR":3tyb3yci said:
csi-tech":3tyb3yci said:

Pretty sad statement. The change at LBL has nothing to with the general consensus that the deer population is not in good shape, some are even saying that the population is getting in really bad shape, but for all the whiners I guess it is just a step to a one buck limit. Liberals love to say whatever they can to get the answer they want.

I'm just a whining liberal so maybe someone can help me understand how eliminating LBL as state bonus buck is going do anything to help the deer herd on LBL.
It was the next acceptable move toward a 1 buck limit same as the new button buck regulation and eliminating bonus bucks on other WMAs.
For the record I don't ever shoot small bucks by choice and don't attempt to force my way of hunting on anyone else by lobbing limited opportunity or belittling them with name calling.

mike243

jb357":ya66rrro said:
mike243":ya66rrro said:

TN RDG RNR":ya66rrro said:
csi-tech":ya66rrro said:

So you want to bait and spotlite? I DIDNT ASK FOR EITHER dont try to put words in my mouth. We had all of what I asked for except juvys get first crack but it was taken away because of trophy hunters thinking it would put a monster within their reach :lol:

Mudbone

Deer Assassin":1gz73zdb said:
1 SEASON ALL WEAPONS
That would be weird.
Bow hunting would just disappear unless it was bow only areas.
If it was rifle season all year and three doe/day, I've got a feeling the herd would be decimated quickly and the woods would always be orange. Deer become nocturnal to quick.
Idk, that just seems like overkill. I think we should just leave if the way it is now unless herd health says to change something.

Latest posts