Return to 3 buck limit but....

AT Hiker

I just want more quality public land, that would help more people than any type of season change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmin68

AT Hiker":38ehrv73 said:
I just want more quality public land, that would help more people than any type of season change.

Natchez Trace SF is underrated. 48,000 acres with light hunter pressure 90 minutes from you.

AT Hiker

I have heard that before about Natchez Trace, a Spring turkey trip might be an adventure I need to plan.
Thanks.

Winchester

Would love to see it go back to 3 bucks, matter of fact lets start the petitions rolling and go cry to the Commission and see if we can complain enough to get it changed??? :roll: :D ;) Don't forget to bribe anybody you can along the way! :super:

WGK

Winchester":1x5y4irt said:
Would love to see it go back to 3 bucks, matter of fact lets start the petitions rolling and go cry to the Commission and see if we can complain enough to get it changed??? :roll: :D ;) Don't forget to bribe anybody you can along the way! :super:

Well stated Winchester!!
Here is something else I would like to see,I would like to see our Commission chose by sportsman not appointed by the governor.
As far as the season I think they are just fine.

jb357

Deer Assassin":1k7guzc8 said:
1 SEASON ALL WEAPONS
3 seasons, 1 buck per weapon.

WGK":1k7guzc8 said:
Winchester":1k7guzc8 said:

Well stated Winchester!!
Here is something else I would like to see,I would like to see our Commission chose by sportsman not appointed by the governor.
As far as the season I think they are just fine.

Whoa whoa whoa, a commission chosen by sportsmen makes too much sense. They'll be none of that

Buzzard Breath

I just wish they'd leave the regulations alone for a few years. I've been a hunter for 30+ years (dang, I'm getting old) and have a hard enough time keeping track of the current regs. Imagine a new hunter coming in and having to learn a whole new set of rules each year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath

If anything, I'd like to see them close some of the gun season around the first part of December and give small game hunters some time in the woods

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

csi-tech

We already lost our bonus buck at LBL this year. I think there are enough restrictions. I like a 2 buck rule. If you get a good buck early, you still have the rest of the season to hunt that buck of a lifetime.

landman

megalomaniac":3sdoxe4j said:
Season seems pretty good right now...

I'd like to see some reduction in doe limits, perhaps go to 1 a day in unit L, and definetly would like to allow kids to use weapon of choice like Mississippi does for kids. My 14 year old girl is scared of the muzzleloader, and my 9 y/o girl definetly isn't ready for it, so they miss out on the very best hunting on my farms in mid November :(

I had a good friend with the same problem with his grandson
I got him to use 2-30 gran pelts and limit shots to 40-50 yards, it worked great

TN Whitetail Freak

Honestly I like our sEason before the change and I like the season that it changed to. THE state has to decide if they want to push more toward horns or push more towards hunter opportunity honestly I want more opportunity, I personally will find the horns that I deem acceptable, but don't want opportunities taken away from others to make the challenge of finding big horned deer easier, even then it's not easy

mattmillard510

farmin68":246kfn4n said:
gobblinfool":246kfn4n said:
2 week ML
2 week Rifle
Archery the rest of the year
Kind of like Kentucky

No. The seasons are fine. If someone prefers bowhunting, that can use their bow during any season. If someone likes the way they do it in KY, they can hunt in KY.

I love this idea. Two weeks of gun, two weeks of muzzle and the rest archery. The pressure and toll two months straight of gun hunting puts on the deer herd is unreal. You would see the quality of the herd and bucks increase dramatically with a shortened gun season.

It's sort of like Missouri, the long gun season really hurts the state as far as hunting goes. Ask the locals or anyone the hunts it a lot. It's actually impressive that Tennessee has the quality of deer that they do with things the way they are.

Think of the best 5 states for deer hunting and big bucks. What do they have in common? 2 or less buck limit and very condensed gun seasons that are outside of prime time. If the hunters in those states want to hunt, they bow hunt.

That gives bucks a better chance at survival because the hunter has to have the deer inside 40 yards instead of just within eyesight to kill them. Having our gun seasons run the whole
Month of November truly makes it brutal. I've gun hunted a LOT in my life and killed many with a gun but the way our seasons run, it really handcuffs our potential.

I get it though, people are set in their ways. They don't like having anything taken away even if it is for the better (matter of opinion I know). People are used to having three buck tags and 2 months of gun seasons.

My proposal would be to have an early weekend Muzzleloader season mid-end of October then the last week of November. Gun season December 1-14th and archery the rest of the way. Have the first juvenile hunt opening weekend of bow season and allow adults to bow hunt or do the weekend before. Then again the last weekend
Of season

Latest posts