Replacing a reloading manual

KPH

For some reason I got to looking at how old my manuals were my oldest is 11 years old. I was wondering how often or how many editions before replacing. I know all the data is still good but new stuff does come along.

DaveB

I get a new Nosler manual every other edition. I also print off the websites and download anything I can from the manufacturers.

Now if any of this is necessary, well, that's a different question. I am still working on the perfect 22-250 load, something special for the 308, and a few others so that's my reasoning.

KPH

DaveB said:
I get a new Nosler manual every other edition. I also print off the websites and download anything I can from the manufacturers.

Now if any of this is necessary, well, that's a different question. I am still working on the perfect 22-250 load, something special for the 308, and a few others so that's my reasoning.
I like to read the how to's in a manual plus new powder and such comes out. As far as what is on the internet unless it is from a manufacture I take it with a grain of sault.

My best 22-250 load is the ol stand by 38 gr. of H380 and a 55gr. Sierra HPBT. I have got lucky a few times and put that load in the same hole at 200 yards.

MUP

DaveB said:

What powder/boolit combos have been working for you Dave? I plan to work up a load for my 22-250 sometime soon. Been thinking of varget, especially since I use it for 55 gr .233 already.

DaveB

My Browning Medallion 22-250 has the standard 1 in 14 twist which means I am very glad to be able to stabilize 60 grain partitions. I fell for the advertising and bought some Superformance powder. Sure enough, I am getting nearly 200 FPS more with this powder and although it took some doing, the groups are tighter. Only rifle I own that got more accurate as I moved the bullet away from the lands to a final OAL of 2.470 to 2.475. I am 10-10 measuring 43 grains of Superformance into R-P cases on top of Fed 210M Primers.

Interesting. I have the 43 grain ladder circled and wrote WOW next to it. It took quite a few ladders to get it, but the final result was kinda nice.

Dadstargets075.jpg
[/img]

Couple of points here:
(A) I was getting tight nice repeatable groups using RL15.
(B) Superformance powder smells like rotten eggs and leaves cobwebs in your barrel. Really the dirtiest powder I have EVER used. I use Gunslick Foam to clean and if you can do it outside, so much the better.
(C) Going back to RL15 (I have 4+ pounds)

Latest posts