Remember Manti Te'o, the Notre Dame LB?

prstide

RIP Lenay Kekua

Attachments

• 08B98B80-2FEF-49A1-A721-EE12063160F8.jpeg
    08B98B80-2FEF-49A1-A721-EE12063160F8.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 68

THEdonkey0515

Had to affect his NFL career for sure. Dude was a Heisman finalist at linebacker while leading college in interceptions.

I'll give it a watch thought that story was crazy when it dropped. He was ontop of the world probaby the most praised athlete in all of sports during that Heisman race then boooom laughing stock to the whole world. Could you imagine the jokes those NFL vets hit him with I bet it was nonstop.

THEdonkey0515

I never understood why have a fake girlfriend. Maybe I've forgotten a lot about it but that's just weird to me. Apparently even a fake one is one too many! 🤣
From what I understand he was being catfished he was in a long distance relationship with a girl he met on the internet that turned out not to be who he thought it was.

Happens alot now even a TV show about it.

Last edited:

Pic IN the Casa

He was a victim of his own kindness and naivete.
After a few weeks of texts and the girl on the other end blaming connection issues for bad face-timing he should have called BS.
Otherwise, what a stand up Christian dude. Most of us would want to forget that period in our lives.

Spurhunter

Everybody hates ND and I used to as well, but the further CFB goes down the craphole, the more I respect schools like ND. They are trying to compete with schools like alabama that will take any thug that can ball. alabama doesn't care if you beat up your girlfriend, get caught with stolen guns and drugs, get caught driving under the influence, or anything else. If you can help them WIN they are all in. Meanwhile, ND has strict academic and behavior standards and won't take just anybody. They put integrity over wins. Something that is severely lacking these days.

Pic IN the Casa

Everybody hates ND and I used to as well, but the further CFB goes down the craphole, the more I respect schools like ND. They are trying to compete with schools like alabama that will take any thug that can ball. alabama doesn't care if you beat up your girlfriend, get caught with stolen guns and drugs, get caught driving under the influence, or anything else. If you can help them WIN they are all in. Meanwhile, ND has strict academic and behavior standards and won't take just anybody. They put integrity over wins. Something that is severely lacking these days.
I'm an ND fan. Used to be a giant fan. We go up there once a year and every year, as with every other college, it gets worse every time. The phagism, blm, leftist student body has just about turned me completely off.
They are strict with student athletes. You just can't win titles without thugs anymore.

PalsPal

From what I understand he was being catfished he was in a long distance relationship with a girl he met on the internet that turned out not to be who he thought it was.

Happens alot now even a TV show about it.

This is exactly what happened.

Yes, his being naĂŻve was a huge factor.

I really have a newfound respect for him after watching.

I mean he played for noter lame so there's that.

:rolleyes:

He was going to USC up until the day before signing day. He prayed about it and "thought" God told him to go to ND instead. He hated it for a good while.