Notre Dame @ Duke

Spurhunter

Duke has it won. ND has a do or die 4th and 16. Duke has been getting to Hartman every play. This game is over. What an upset by Duke. But wait! The Duke coaching staff has a brilliant plan to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be tough, but they are committed to it. How will they do it? You guessed it! Go into the prevent defense, rush 3, give Hartman 2 minutes to throw before he gives up and just runs for the first down. How disgraceful. I honestly don't know how these coaches look their team in the eyes after doing something so stupid. Will they ever learn that the prevent defense only prevents you from winning? How many times must it happen?

THEdonkey0515

Never made since to me.

A underdog fights all game to keep it close by blitzing, getting pressure, forcing turnovers, smash mouth ball.

So in the most dire of moments what shall we do? I know abandon everything that got us to this point and play soft.

Displaced_Vol

Chavis had it mastered.
I remember Chavis but wasn't old enough to appreciate it, but I heard the "3rd & Chavis" theme for the first time the other day.

I didn't see Duke/ND but I had the blue devils picked. Just felt like home field was a bigger deal this year than normal.

7mm08

Duke has it won. ND has a do or die 4th and 16. Duke has been getting to Hartman every play. This game is over. What an upset by Duke. But wait! The Duke coaching staff has a brilliant plan to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be tough, but they are committed to it. How will they do it? You guessed it! Go into the prevent defense, rush 3, give Hartman 2 minutes to throw before he gives up and just runs for the first down. How disgraceful. I honestly don't know how these coaches look their team in the eyes after doing something so stupid. Will they ever learn that the prevent defense only prevents you from winning? How many times must it happen?
Where they trained by Chavis??

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
That is the very thing that made me basically quit caring about TN football.
For years and YEARS it was so predictable that it was sickening.
So much wasted talent and so many times they should have won.
Try being a Purdue fan, where things are so predictable it's sickening, but you never had the talent either! 😂

Latest posts