reloading??

ImThere

Is it hard to get in to? I just got a 243wssm and everybody keeps saying its hard to find bullets for and they are expensive I was just curious about it I imagine that its expensive to get the tools to start up but I guess after a while it pays for its self or do most of you guys just do it to build custom loads?

KubotaM4900

I had the same question sometime back, I took the leap and o $400 later my press and accessories was dropped off at my door. I havent done alot but so far it will fall cheaper and you will have many options not avaliable in factory ammo choices. The hardest part is finding the load that will work. The best way I have found is just ask someone that has that round is a good starting point as I did earlier today. Go for it if you dont like it you can always sell it might even check on a used one on ebay seen some really good deals after I bought my press.

280longshot

It's like a madness, maybe this is yours.!!!!!!!! I got into it cause I thought it would be cheaper, but unless you shoot every weekend , I don't think so. I have a 7X57 mauser that I reload for and get some nice grps. compared to factory ammo. I reload all my rifle ammo but haven't started reloading any pistol yet, but plan to in the future. Wish you well.
The 243wssm isn't a round you see on the shelf at all, so the reloading thing may be the thing for you.

KPH

I like to reload I know some who don't like to but do in order to get the best group. Getting started my not be that cheep any more.

sneakboxer

EastTNHunter said:
I would prolly reload even if it didn't save me money. I just like to do it! Plus, usually you can get more accurate ammo from it.
What he said. I find my self shooting just to make brass to reload. Check out YouTube and pick up a loading book before buying anything. I started real cheap with a lee hand press and love it. I started for $100-150 and was shooting clover leafs in two trips to the range. Look at component prices and you can do the math and see potential savings.

What you can't see is shooting much much more.
Have fun with it and be safe,

ImThere

sneakboxer said:
EastTNHunter said:
I would prolly reload even if it didn't save me money. I just like to do it! Plus, usually you can get more accurate ammo from it.
What he said. I find my self shooting just to make brass to reload. Check out YouTube and pick up a loading book before buying anything. I started real cheap with a lee hand press and love it. I started for $100-150 and was shooting clover leafs in two trips to the range. Look at component prices and you can do the math and see potential savings.

What you can't see is shooting much much more.
Have fun with it and be safe,
thats good advice there i think i will try to pick up a book soon

WTM

used equipment can be had at good prices. you just gotta look. the older JR or RC presses with bushing are golden and can usually be had cheap. ebay or better yet local sale papers usually has some good deals. midway usa usually has some sales and specials running most all the time on reloading stuff.

as far as savings, yeah maybe and maybe not, depends on the cartridge but you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you loaded the best round possible for that particular rifle or handgun. plus youll become a better marksman with all that ammo youll be testing.

Latest posts