Recommended books on wildlife or habitat management?

FTG-05

I have a farm in Lincoln county that I want to manage for both the wildlife and the habitat.

I've already had on meeting with the local USDA/NRCS rep and we'll be putting a plan together along with (I hope) one of the state's forestors since I have about15 acres in woods.

But I'd like to get better educated on the subject. I already have one of the QDMA books on QDMA and one book on food plots (by Kent K); what I think I need is the bigger picture type educational books.

What has helped you guys manage your lands and forests and what do you recommend?

Thanks,

BigGameGuy

FTG-05 - send me your contact information via pm. We have an all-encompassing manual we put together about 15 years ago. It is rather basic but it covers all the bases from big game to small game. I believe you will find it quite interesting and useful.

FTG-05

BigGameGuy":9buhpw9h said:
FTG-05 - send me your contact information via pm. We have an all-encompassing manual we put together about 15 years ago. It is rather basic but it covers all the bases from big game to small game. I believe you will find it quite interesting and useful.

Info sent, thanks!

gecko7

Biology and Management of White-tailed Deer Hardcover – June 24, 2011by David G. Hewitt (Editor). This is an expensive book and is technical; however, it is excellent. I use it as a text for a class I teach. It is QDMA book but I did not see it on their website. I'm not sure why. I know you can get it from Amazon. Wildlife Ecology, Conservation and Management Paperback – January 10, 2006 by Anthony R. E. Sinclair (Author), John M. Fryxell (Author), Graeme Caughley (Author) and Wildlife Ecology and Management (5th Edition)Jul 20, 2002 by Eric G. Bolen and William Robinson are books you can get used on Amazon pretty cheap.

FTG-05

gecko7":2y9s87ck said:
Biology and Management of White-tailed Deer Hardcover – June 24, 2011by David G. Hewitt (Editor). This is an expensive book and is technical; however, it is excellent. I use it as a text for a class I teach. It is QDMA book but I did not see it on their website. I'm not sure why. I know you can get it from Amazon. Wildlife Ecology, Conservation and Management Paperback – January 10, 2006 by Anthony R. E. Sinclair (Author), John M. Fryxell (Author), Graeme Caughley (Author) and Wildlife Ecology and Management (5th Edition)Jul 20, 2002 by Eric G. Bolen and William Robinson are books you can get used on Amazon pretty cheap.

Thanks! I ordered the 2nd book. Thanks for the help!