Recommend me a backpack

ZachMarkus

I'm on the hunt for a new hunting backpack. The one I am currently carrying isn't cutting it. The zippers are extremely loud as well as the buckles.

I mostly hunt out of my climber but I do have a portable stand and sticks I hunt some so I will need a backpack that is capable of carrying an XOP hang on with four 20" climbing sticks.

Hduke86

I have a Killik 2200 day hunting pack and it has been good so far. It has buckles across the back and on the bottom. I fasten my platform to the back and then put my hawk mini sticks on the bottom and they stay secure the whole way in. Plenty big enough to carry extra stuff but also can be strapped down when the bag is not full so it doesn't flop around walking. I picked mine up at sportsman warehouse.

UTGrad

I have a Badlands day pack but I put the stand on my back and put the backpack on the stand.

Honestly during the early season I don't even carry the backpack anymore. I have a Badlands small waist pack that has enough for the hunt. If I stick a deer, I wait a minute and slip out to go get all my field dressing essentials and the cart from the truck. By the time I get back it's safe to start blood trailing.

I used to carry way more than necessary into the woods. I'm scaling back each year.

tree_ghost

I'd suggest using your seat on the lock-on like a shelf also and strap your pack to it. It'll carry much better for you. I like a quality lumbar pack for those type applications you described. I have a tenzing 1250 that fits the bill quite well.

UTGrad

After years of trying various packs, this wins out for bow season.

Attachments

• 8A3D3B92-4D24-4221-81A3-20F70CE00269.jpeg
    8A3D3B92-4D24-4221-81A3-20F70CE00269.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 72

redarm

It's expensive but love my mystery ranch whitetail pack. Made for hunting out of a Treestand

Willysman

Used Tenzing, Badlands and I always go back to my $40 dollar Fieldline. Most high dollar backpacks weigh 6 or 8 pounds before you put anything in them.

tellico4x4

For tree stand hunting I quit carrying a pack several years ago when I bought an Alaskan bino bag. Between it & my Cabelas orange vest I have way more storage than I need.
I do have a Badlands 2200 that I use out west

JCDEERMAN

I love my Badlands packs. Check out their website. Lifetime warranty. Very quiet bags and lightweight. They have huge sales from time to time.

Jmed

My Kuiu 1800 has been an awesome day pack, for tree stand hunting whitetails. But its got enough internal frame, and webbing it has helped back out 3 mule deer. Super quiet zippers and buckles and tons of room to expand or you can cinch in down for lighter loads.

Latest posts