A first for me!!!

mike243

I eased off into a hollow 1 morning and went up my API climber in the bottom of a hollow, nice buck using there and it was always to dark to see from where I needed to be, at the crack of dawn I heard leaves Rusling loud, got really tore up and shaking, eased around in the tree stand and it was a stinking skunk dragging leaves to the tree I was in, unbeknownst to me there was a hole on the lower side and it was his den, I about shat a brick, set up there till about 10 scared to go down the tree, finaly worked up enough nerve and went down that tree slower and quiter than I ever had before. I managed to get him a week or 2 latter but don't think I used the climber after that. Cumberland county didn't like me I think, wasnt far from there the owl hit me 2 times šŸ¤£

DMD

I eased off into a hollow 1 morning and went up my API climber in the bottom of a hollow, nice buck using there and it was always to dark to see from where I needed to be, at the crack of dawn I heard leaves Rusling loud, got really tore up and shaking, eased around in the tree stand and it was a stinking skunk dragging leaves to the tree I was in, unbeknownst to me there was a hole on the lower side and it was his den, I about shat a brick, set up there till about 10 scared to go down the tree, finaly worked up enough nerve and went down that tree slower and quiter than I ever had before. I managed to get him a week or 2 latter but don't think I used the climber after that. Cumberland county didn't like me I think, wasnt far from there the owl hit me 2 times šŸ¤£
I hunted down southeast..i think it was Meigs county...i had permission to hunt some property. Coming out of the woods into a big field and it was full of skunks. Every direction Ia went, there was a skunk. And, they don't move out of the way. It was like a field of stinky landmines. I got outta there unscathed, but i gave up on that property šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

backyardtndeer

Had to laugh at some of the replies here.

I am not as quick to pull the trigger on a possum as I am a coyote, but if I already have a good deer down or if I am yote hunting, I will pop a possum in a heartbeat. They are nest raiders and also carry some pretty nasty diseases.

Latest posts