recipe for roast??????????????????????????

BIG D

Last year someone posted a recipe for a crock pot roast that was awesome, but I made the mistake of not saving it. Anybody remember the one I'm talking about? Think it had onion soup mix and creme of mushroom soup.

Rocky Top

Big D if you do come across that recipe can you let me know. I love deer meat but my wife is a little finicky and will only eat it grilled so i am looking for some new recipes.

BIG D

Not sure how close I am to original but here goes.

1 roast frozen (i use neck)
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 lg can cream of mushroom soup
garlic powder ( to taste)
lemon pepper ( to taste)
1 onion ( vidalia preferred)
1 package baby carrots
red potatoes. (crock pot size will determine amount of potatoes)
2 T soy sauce
2 cans beef broth (small)

DO NOT ADD WATER.......

Place frozen roast in pot. Saute onion in skillet with desired seasoning. Mix 1 can of broth and mushroom soup til creamy. Add lipton dry soup mix. Add any dry ingredients(spices) now. Mix well and pour over roast. Cook for 2-3 hours .

While it gets started, Boil baby carrots and red potatoes in remaining can of broth. Drain when tender and add to pot. Turn crock pot to LOW for remainder of afternoon.

Cook up some cornbread, and a glass of sweet tea.........................

The Ol Professor

Here's how I make mine:

1-roast
1 package onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup water

Mix the onion soup and cream of mushroom soup together forming a sort of thick paste then slather it all over the roast. Add the water and wine. Set crockpot on high for 2-hours then turn it on low for 3-5 hours.
When you take out the roast, pour the drippings in a saucepan, add some flour and stir while bringing to a slight boil. Gravy and roast turn out great.

Hogbear

The Ol'Professor said:
Here's how I make mine:

1-roast
1 package onion soup mix
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup water

Mix the onion soup and cream of mushroom soup together forming a sort of thick paste then slather it all over the roast. Add the water and wine. Set crockpot on high for 2-hours then turn it on low for 3-5 hours.

Used this recipe as a stew tonight except used beef broth instead of water and cut the meat into chunks and browned in a pan before adding to the slow cooker. Added baby carrots and taters just before turning on low and served over egg noodles when done. Good stuff!

TennesseeRains

The Ol'Professor said:
Here's how I make mine:

1-roast
1 package onion soup mix
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup water

When you take out the roast, pour the drippings in a saucepan, add some flour and stir while bringing to a slight boil. Gravy and roast turn out great.

Good Eats!

Just got through with a deer neck roast - MMMM!