Re-Fletching arrows

Realtree56

Gotta re-fletch my arrows soon, I've been using the short Blazer vanes, but I've been eye balling the wraps you do yourself by dipping in hot water... Any pros, cons, or suggestions?

TNDeerGuy

I can't stand them personally�they are heavy, they are not durable and they are very expensive. Just get a fletching jig, some fletchings, glue, acetone and a veggie peeler and you can re-fletch your own with ease anytime you want to change colors or replace and damaged one.

Tracker56

While I agree with TNDeerGuy that getting the equipment and learning to fletch is traditionally the best way to handle your arrows, there are some one-piece vane units that warrant a second look. Let me preface by saying I have not used any of the one-piece solutions, but would not hesitate to try a couple after reading test results from the June 2014 edition of Petersen's Bowhunting. The 2 that caught my eye were the Bohning Stretch Fletch and the Outer Limit Archery Blood Vane. Both are the glue on variety and offer very good results in all testing aspects. I'd be interested to hear any first hand experience stories for any of the one-piece solutions.

hitek7

I have all the fletching equipment I need and I have been using the one piece for the past couple of years. They have given me no problems but I do not shoot them everyday. They do add a little weight but since I limit how far I shoot it does not make that much difference to me. It is very quick.

Latest posts