Rainy Summers

348Winchester

On the plateau, it has been a cool and wet summer. It must be good for the deer herd as everything is really lush and green.

BSK, do you have any thoughts on this?

BSK

On the plateau, it has been a cool and wet summer. It must be good for the deer herd as everything is really lush and green.

BSK, do you have any thoughts on this?
Rainy, cooler summers are good! More browse, better acorn crops in fall.

Most of the long, long-range models have this pattern persisting through the summer. This may be the coolest summer we've had in decades. Basically, more back to "normal" or slightly below normal parameters instead of hotter than normal like we've been seeing the last several summers.

backyardtndeer

Send some of the rain this way, to the west. Been warm and dry here. That said, looks like we should have a decent acorn crop this year.

I am going to have to try to get some cameras out this weekend.

BPhunter

Partially. It's not just El Nino. It's El Nino in combination with several other weather conditions, especially the abnormally warm waters of the Atlantic.
Aw great, now we got to add the melting ice caps flooding the world, Alien space invaders, Chinese spy baloons, and the dadgum world flipping over! Thanks for adding that:)

348Winchester

I picture Rainy Summers as a slightly voluptuous brunette with one of those clear umbrellas as a stage prop. I can see her sashaying around with a little thunder lightly rumbling in the background.

Huntaholic

Rainy summers SUCK! Thats when I make enough money to get me through the wet seasons of winter, spring, and fall. I need some dry weather to stay out of the welfare line!

Latest posts