Food Plots RAIN'S COMING!!!!

Hunt 365

Chased the turkeys out of my plot last night. Saw the radar and rebroadcast wheat super early this morning before work and FINALLY, the rain's about to hit my area. 'Bout time

JDS

yep, supposed to hit here around 6-7 tonight. I have eagerly been awaiting it. I rebroadcast a couple last night in hopes of rain today. Hope it pays off.

JDS

SMarshall":3sbozwiy said:
Why did you guys rebroadcast? I spread my seed and fertilizer August 29th.

I rebroadcast on one of my plots because I put seed down 3 weeks ago and all but one of my plots is growing. Albeit in the shady areas only but they are growing. I left those alone. The one plot that has nothing happening in it I rebroadcast some rye grain and turnips I had left only as an insurance policy incase of birds or other reasons the seed did not come up in that one plot. It very well may come on strong with the rain but I had the seed left over. Just wanted to be safe as that one is in a very good spot.

SMarshall

Oh ok, I see. I was just wondering why. This is my first year messing with food plots and I've got 2 out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something I needed to know. I plan to spread some more seed if either looks thin when it really starts to come in.

Atchman2

This is the first food plot I've ever tried. Tonight I went over there after the rain and there are little clovers everywhere! I'm so happy it is coming up!