Food Plots Food plot coming in good

rem270

Planted 8-18. Was nervous because heat index was in the 100's the next week and no rain in sight. Was happy with the moisture in the soil and was hopeful it would germinate good. Checked it mid week last week and could see some small sprouts starting. Got some rain yesterday afternoon and overnight and on into today. To me it was a perfect drizzle for a plot. Decided to check it this morning and it's taking off great.
20230827_171213.jpg

Got 5 more plots in yesterday at my other property. I was expecting it to be dry with no rain for nearly 2 weeks and it being so hot. To my surprise in 3 of the 5 plots had a lot of moisture in them. So much it caked onto my boots while seeding yesterday. The other 2 were really dry but it's always real loose dirt in those fields. Timed it perfect because I got home about 1 yesterday and the rain started a couple hours later. This is the only pic I got yesterday but hoping they'll take off this next week and do good.
20230826_092504.jpg

Livin2hunt

Looks good! Hope we're blessed with some periodic rains over the next few weeks. Put eagle smorgasbord seed to soil Saturday myself and we had a good rain Sunday. First time I've tried this seed. We shall see...

BSK

rem270, what is that deep brown stuff your plants are growing in? Never seen anything like it. I'm not used to seeing real soil...

If it's not growing out of a chert pile, it's not a food plot. ;)

MidTnBuck

Nope. Extreme heat coming back next week.
Wonderful! HA! We have had a couple inches over the past few days here on the farm. Really hoping to get some of the bands off this hurricane as well. Plots are still green and growing..for now

I never thought I'd say this but I absolutely LOATHE Summer!!

BSK

Wonderful! HA! We have had a couple inches over the past few days here on the farm. Really hoping to get some of the bands off this hurricane as well. Plots are still green and growing..for now
I bet your crops will come through the coming heat just fine. Soil moisture is everything, and since you've had several rains recently, they should be fine.

I never thought I'd say this but I absolutely LOATHE Summer!!
Join the club brother! ;)

Latest posts