Quota hunt points system

Rackseeker

I have got 10 preference points for the Presidents Island hunt going into this year. If I put in for another hunt , say Catoosa, as my second choice and get drawn. Will I lose my presidents island points ?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
So there isn't a way to get a preference and keep the ones I already have for PI and draw another hunt?
Nope. You could theoretically draw 2 hunts at the same time. But it would be a gamble, no matter what. Preference points go to zero the second you draw a hunt, whether it's first or second choice/second draw.

Andy S.

How many points would you have to have before you would have a chance to be drawn for PI this year?
I suspect 10-12, but you would need to contact TWRA license and quota hunt office and see how many hunters are sitting on 10+ points. They can provide a points breakdown if you want to know.

Andy S.

I drew PI main island in 2017 with 9 points. Biggest waste of my time ever, rather than meeting some great TWRA staff and nice hunters from across the State. Hopefully it has rebounded some, but it is a FAR CRY from the sacred hunt it was in the early 2000s.

Latest posts