Quota Hunt options

tn droptine

So the destination whitetail thread had me thinking - now that I am down in FL, what do I do about hunting in TN?

I have a lifetime license for TN so I do not have to pay for non-resident license, which is a huge plus.

I have 8 preference points now so it looks like it will be forever until I would draw PI.

What options are out there that have a higher success rate and chances to get drawn every couple of years? Like some of you mentioned, the woods (swamps) down here are hard hunting - I hunted almost every weekend from November through mid February and saw a total of 5 deer, and on public land most of the time you can't even shoot does.

Last edited:

PickettSFHunter

I would look into the GA quota hunts. There is still time to apply and the hunts are much higher quality than TN quota hunts. I would also look into a St Vincent Island deer quota hunt if I were in Florida but I'm a island deer hunting junkie.

tn droptine

Yes, I understand that GA has better hunting than what I have here in FL, but one appealing item to sway me to hunt TN instead is I have a lifetime license in TN. Not having to pay out-of-state license fees is a plus.

Antler Daddy

You can draw Catoosa every year. Oak Ridge every 2-3 and Laurel Hill every year depending on hunt.

However, your lifetime license is already a +anceled check. GA nonresident is cheap and quota drawings are free. kY quotas are $3.

I would hunt different places. My kids should draw a good hunt in south GA this year. GA produces some nice deer.

Latest posts