Question for graph guys….

redblood

Boat has 2 garmin 93s on console- no idea why. Upfront has a very nice lowrance carbon hd 12. Previous owner said that the transducer is in the ulterra trolling motor. It must be because i dont see a transducer up front. Can this carbon hd 12 l, which i assume is running the trolling motor, also run active target?

bluball

Active target should be compatible with your carbon unit.Bet you have the us2 sonar built into your trolling motor, 2-d sonar only.Most people run a dedicated live sonar unit and a mapping unit at the bow.Then another unit at the console that is networked to the bow mapping unit to share waypoints.

redblood

Active target should be compatible with your carbon unit.Bet you have the us2 sonar built into your trolling motor, 2-d sonar only.Most people run a dedicated live sonar unit and a mapping unit at the bow.Then another unit at the console that is networked to the bow mapping unit to share waypoints.
Thanks bluball. I appreciate your knowledge. This is all very confusing for me as a novice in the field of electronics. One last question. When i hook the active target 2 to the carbon graph- it will receive signals from both transducers- the one in the trolling motor and the one from the active target which will be on a pole mount. Can one graph handle 2 transducers?

bluball

Yep it will handle it,but with live sonar y.If ou wont ever use the one in the trolling motor.Or atleast i dont,if my live sonar went out iwould be the only reason to use it.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
If i were you i would move one of the garmin units up front and network them so when you start marking points while scanning you can go right up front and see those same points while your trolling and using your FFS. I would then hook the US2 transducer in the trolling motor(if i even hooked it up) to the bow garmin unit and that will give you the option to use that built in ducer along with the side imaging transducer on either of the garmins.
Basically, Only using the lowrance for your forward facing sonar.

Latest posts