Crappie guys……

redblood

Finally gonna get some time off to fish. Several warmer , still and cloudy days lining up. Water temp at the lakes i fish are around 52 to 55 degrees. Still new to fishing colder weather crappie. My summer hotspots are too shallow as the lakes have been pulled down. So what type of habitat do y'all normally target this late into the fall. Dock, deadfalls, deep brush? Any tips appreciated.

Mcboom

I caught 12 Saturday. All in deep water on structure. By deep I mean 45-25 feet of water. Docks in deep water are also money this time of year but I hate fishing docks. Just haven't got that shooting technique down,plus I normally use minnows

redblood

I caught 12 Saturday. All in deep water on structure. By deep I mean 45-25 feet of water. Docks in deep water are also money this time of year but I hate fishing docks. Just haven't got that shooting technique down,plus I normally use minnows
im no expert on shooting them for sure, but i think i think they will be there

Crappieaddict

Never rule out marinas…..typically deeper water even after draw down. Sunny day means shade on a covered marina. I have found that a lot of slip owners/renters will make sure there are unseen brush piles in their slips. Life has kept me busy for so long that I will need gps to find the lake.

dryhorn2

Never rule out marinas…..typically deeper water even after draw down. Sunny day means shade on a covered marina. I have found that a lot of slip owners/renters will make sure there are unseen brush piles in their slips. Life has kept me busy for so long that I will need gps to find the lake.
Dont be giving out this secret
-

Mcboom

Yes 45 fow with standing timber. Some times they would be close to the bottom sometimes sitting towards the top. I agree they will move shallow this time of year I just mainly fish that deep because it's the most consistent. Fish will be there year around minus the spawn.

ad28

Tims yesterday. They are acting weird right now. Not where they are suppose to be. Water is really low too.

Attachments

• IMG_4216.jpeg
    IMG_4216.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 10

redblood

Caught 60+ today, brought home 40 nice ones, left them biting. We caught them in 12-15 ft of water on brush piles and a few docks. Caught them all on Bobby garland baby shad, blue ice and electric chicken color. North AL
Tims yesterday. They are acting weird right now. Not where they are suppose to be. Water is really low too.
I went to Tims on Thursday. It was dead. Lake was scary low. Most were too far under the docks to get to. Will try again on Wednesday

Latest posts