Question about hunter orange

deerhunter10

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. that is for your safety. I read the exception your right on your land you don't have to but as for me and mine we will wear ours. I would definitely advise anyone else to do the same it just takes someone trespassing on you to get someone hurt or even killed. just my two cents tho what do I know.
I'm not and probably never will on our place. If it were up to me on private land if you were above 8ft imo it should be legal to take it off. Don't like the orange law understand it but don't like it. I think it is mainly intended for public land myself. I for one am not going to let a trespasser dictate the way I hunt. That Is also why we prosecute everyone of them.

backyardtndeer

scn

During any kind of gun season you have to wear it whether your on your land your neighbors land the states land it don't matter if your hunting you have to have it on and on wma during gun or muzzleloader season if your outside of your vehicle you have to have it on read your guide this is not to keep you from killing deer it is to keep you from getting shot
Incorrect on landowners having to wear it on their property.

fairchaser

From my understanding, you can wear camo orange too. I never have and don't think I've ever been busted where that would have made the difference. I draw the line at orange pants, orange coveralls or orange bibs and especially gloves. That's overkill!

killingtime 41

Blaze orange is camo orange I've always thought. But I could be wrong. And deer can't see orange anyway. So if you have the blaze camo orange on it will blend in much better. I don't have the blaze camo vest but I do have a couple hats. I can't find the blaze orange camo vest or I would wear one. Locally find one that is. I usually don't wear it on my own land. But I don't own very much. And 99 percent of the time I'm on public where I always wear it. Or high percentage chance of being killed. Some people shoot movement and those people kill people no matter what weapon your carrying

Dennis

I don't mind wearing orange. The only time it bothers me is if it gets hot and I want to take my hat off. The way I read the regulations is I can meet the orange requirements with just a vest because I'm a big guy, but some Leo's believe I must wear the hat too.

mike243

I wear it and not to scared of getting shot on a buck hunt but either sex makes me nervous lol. in a blind I don't worry about it but once I put it on I don't take it off until I am back at the truck. Washing clothes with normal detergents that have brighteners in them can make deer see the color changes more imo, I started using hunting detergent that has no brighteners in it and had deer look right through me as they walked by and not spook.

Biggun4214

In several East Tennessee counties you have bear gun seasons that overlap with deer archery only season, during those times blaze orange is required or ALL big game hunters.

Biggun4214

I don't mind wearing orange. The only time it bothers me is if it gets hot and I want to take my hat off. The way I read the regulations is I can meet the orange requirements with just a vest because I'm a big guy, but some Leo's believe I must wear the hat too.
No, 500 sq inches of blaze orange must be worn on the upper portion of the body and head, visible both front and back.

Dennis

No, 500 sq inches of blaze orange must be worn on the upper portion of the body and head, visible both front and back.
Right but if I have 500 inches on my chest and back, then logically I also have 500 inches on my chest + back + head.

Or else the reading of the law leads to ridiculous conclusions like I can have 500 inches on a vest and a tiny orange dot on my forehead and be legal. To me the intent of the law is clear: 500 inches somewhere above the waist visible from all sides.

WanderingNomad

I wear it and not to scared of getting shot on a buck hunt but either sex makes me nervous lol. in a blind I don't worry about it but once I put it on I don't take it off until I am back at the truck. Washing clothes with normal detergents that have brighteners in them can make deer see the color changes more imo, I started using hunting detergent that has no brighteners in it and had deer look right through me as they walked by and not spook.
I am a firm believer in using non UV brightener detergent for all my hunting gear..

Wolverine72

When not on private land, I wear orange to and from my stand during bow season. Extra precaution. You never know.

I know a guy who had a buddy shot during bow season walking through the woods. Somehow, a crazy "a" hunter got excited and shot at movement.

JN

What if the WMA doesn't allow gun hunt?
I asked two people I know that work at TWRA and then the person that was over the area and I received multiple answers. It basically came down to wear what was required with the season. I got the feeling they did not want to tell me no and then be held liable for someone not wearing it.