Question about wind direction

I placed this camera in early September and have not step foot back on this property since. Based on the camera stats should I expect to only see deer when there is a north wind?
Cam by Wind Direction.jpg

backyardtndeer

That is interesting data. I would be curious about other factors, what is in the area that may be causing deer to avoid that location when the wind is not out of the north. Looking at the data, I would guess that your best shot where that camera is located would be with a north wind, but you should still see deer even with a South wind. Of course stand placement matters too.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
I placed this camera in early September and have not step foot back on this property since. Based on the camera stats should I expect to only see deer when there is a north wind?
View attachment 200457
You can see them whenever, but that seems to be the best wind without a doubt. What camera is that for? Moultrie?

This is a tactacam x pro. And there are no other factors I am aware of. This stand sits atop a ridge and in a 1 acre food plot planted with a mix of clover, wheat, rape, and turnips. The deer come out of a river bottom from the south to this food plot. The stand is facing north. Land is private and no one else hunts it. There are adjacent properties to the west and south that are heavily hunted. The data is straight from the stats option on the camera. You can tag each picture with animal type and then filter - the app will spit these stats out.

cbhunter

This is a tactacam x pro. And there are no other factors I am aware of. This stand sits atop a ridge and in a 1 acre food plot planted with a mix of clover, wheat, rape, and turnips. The deer come out of a river bottom from the south to this food plot. The stand is facing north. Land is private and no one else hunts it. There are adjacent properties to the west and south that are heavily hunted. The data is straight from the stats option on the camera. You can tag each picture with animal type and then filter - the app will spit these stats out.
If they are coming straight out of the south specifically then north wind certainly lets them scent check on their way up.

But that's only one small piece of the puzzle obviously

If the stand is facing north and deer are coming out of the south, they will likely wind you long before getting to the plot. Take stand placement into consideration and may have to change up your tactics

JCDEERMAN

This camera is also located in Hardeman county (even though I live in GA). Below are some stats by moon phase that I find interesting as well.

View attachment 200460
This answers my question on time of day (or night) all these photos were taken. 4-12 AM shows most movement.

As far as setup, so many variables to consider

BSK

This camera is also located in Hardeman county (even though I live in GA). Below are some stats by moon phase that I find interesting as well.

View attachment 200460
Excellent example of diurnal crepuscular movement (low light, twice a day). Peaks in movement around sunrise and sunset. I can see where this would be a strong pattern considering this camera is near a food source. Move the camera to different location and you will get different results.

But I highly recommend keeping track of that data. With enough data, the true picture emerges. I can't tell you how many times I thought I saw an important pattern developing when I first started tracking something and had limited data. However, once the data set grew in size, the pattern vanished.

Latest posts