Question about hunter orange

jc0313

What if the WMA doesn't allow gun hunt?
I'd absolutely still wear orange.

It doesn't mean some jackwagon who doesn't know the unit's regulations won't still go and gun hunt. I've been to archery only units where guys show up with rifles for deer hunting. Factor in the crossbows that are everywhere nowadays and an inexperienced hunter can pull the trigger before they have positively identified their target.

Squirle hunter

During any kind of gun season you have to wear it whether your on your land your neighbors land the states land it don't matter if your hunting you have to have it on and on wma during gun or muzzleloader season if your outside of your vehicle you have to have it on read your guide this is not to keep you from killing deer it is to keep you from getting shot

Remington700

Fluorescent Orange: Hunters must wear on the upper portion of their body and head a minimum of 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange (blaze orange), visible front and back while hunting big game except on archery-only and turkey hunts. A hat and vest fulfill the requirements. Blaze orange camo is legal if it contains 500 square inches of fluorescent orange. In those areas where the archery-only deer season dates overlap with another big game gun season (i.e., bear) archers are required to wear 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange. Fluorescent orange is required during the August Hunt in Unit CWD.

knightrider

During any kind of gun season you have to wear it whether your on your land your neighbors land the states land it don't matter if your hunting you have to have it on and on wma during gun or muzzleloader season if your outside of your vehicle you have to have it on read your guide this is not to keep you from killing deer it is to keep you from getting shot
You may need to re read your guide! I dont have to wear a drop of orange on my own place

deerhunter10

You need to read it again.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

See page 8 under license exemptions

Landowners and their
children hunting on their parent's land under
this exemption are also exempt from Hunter
Education Certification requirements and blaze
orange requirements.

Squirle hunter

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. that is for your safety. I read the exception your right on your land you don't have to but as for me and mine we will wear ours. I would definitely advise anyone else to do the same it just takes someone trespassing on you to get someone hurt or even killed. just my two cents tho what do I know.

Latest posts