Proposed duck blind drawing................ if you want to add your input....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone the last few days as well as sending and reading emails.

According to the information that I have gathered this new blind draw proposal is a done deal as far as the commissioners are concerned.

What I can gather is this entire thing was started at the request of ONE single commissioner. He has a track record of doing what is best for HIM, not anyone else or much less for the wildlife of the state. He uses political connections and relative power to strong-arm other commissioners.

As for this battle, if you do nothing I can promise you the proposal will slide through just like any other greased rule or law that commissioners in the past have wanted.

At this point there is only one way we are going to stop this fiasco and that is through the legislature.

The only way the commission is going to NOT vote this through is if we can put the right amount of pressure on the true ones in power over this and make them realize that because of things like this it is very nearing the time that they need to do away with the TWRA and TDEC and go for a DNR like the other states have. I assure you that will get the commissioners attention.

These are the people that need to hear our voice and they need to hear it NOW. Time is drawing short at a fast rate.

Speaker Cameron Sexton
speaker.cameron.sexton.tn.gov
425 John Lewis Way N
Suite 600 Cordell Hull Bldg
Nashville, TN 37243
615-741-2343

Speaker Randy McNally
[email protected]
425 John Lewis Way
Suite 700 Cordell Hull Bldg
Nashville, TN 37243
615-741-6806

Governor Bill Lee
State Capitol. 1st Floor
600 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Nashville, TN 37243
615-741-2001
[email protected]

These are the people that can stop this. I am still going to continue to email and call the commissioners but these are the ones that can stop yet another rule being passed just because one person wants it.

That is abuse of power and just plain wrong.

So please, email, call and write letters to the people above, THEY have the power to stop this and I am sure they will listen a lot more than any commissioner because they are not appointed, they are ELECTED.

If you don't believe anything I have said that is fine but if you are against this blind grab you better get busy.

If you are for it that is fine too and I really hope you do ignore me. :D

MickThompson

Really, or is this sarcasm
A little of both. Based on the survey results more people want them gone than want them to stay. I think a lot of folks in the eastern part of the state are excited about the prospect of getting to hunt these areas, with or without a reservation, and without driving across the state in August just to be disappointed every year.

Hduke86

I'd be hitting up the commission for things that you wanted to see implemented but as many times before I think they have their minds made up before they even make it known publicly. I honestly think if they thought they could do a "closed door" rule change and not get roasted for it that they would.

Hduke86

A little of both. Based on the survey results more people want them gone than want them to stay. I think a lot of folks in the eastern part of the state are excited about the prospect of getting to hunt these areas, with or without a reservation, and without driving across the state in August just to be disappointed every year.
I understand the whole eastern side of the state dilemma and I may be one of the few from the east side that is against changing it. I don't want a maybe few day or week hunt. If I'm tossing my hat in the ring for something I rather it be tossed in for SEASON LONG so I know I have a place week to week. I don't hang my WHOLE SEASON on getting a season long blind cause chances are I won't get one but when I do I know I can have a guarantee place any week. Like I said I hear the both sides of the argument but if they want to increase opportunity I rather them use my funds to purchase land that can be developed for waterfowl. Get some farm land and work it and have more property for years to come.

Latest posts