Prime rib coating?

Mud Creek

I tried a Black and Tan seasoning from Fire and Smoke society(think that was the name)and covered it in the garlic butter spread sold in containers at Walmart. Sprinkled a little more B&T seasoning on top after that and put it on the grill. It turned out great!

TAFKAP

I tried a Black and Tan seasoning from Fire and Smoke society(think that was the name)and covered it in the garlic butter spread sold in containers at Walmart. Sprinkled a little more B&T seasoning on top after that and put it on the grill. It turned out great!

Fire and Smoke is correct. A buddy of mine from high school works there, and he's been promoting all kinds of stuff that they develop. I have yet to be disappointed by anything they make. Here's their black and tan, which looks like my perfect flavor profile for beef

Mud Creek

Fire and Smoke is correct. A buddy of mine from high school works there, and he's been promoting all kinds of stuff that they develop. I have yet to be disappointed by anything they make. Here's their black and tan, which looks like my perfect flavor profile for beef

Seems I remember you saying this before, very cool!! The B&T was great on prime rib, steaks, venison, and burgers. I've also tried their Sweet Preacher and Hot preacher on chicken and pork. We put their Cherry cola rub on a Hot Bologna chub. Smoked with cherry wood. Not going to lie the Victory Lane Cherry Bomb rub is the best I ever had but the F&S is right up there with it. I've yet to try the Heath Rules cherry rub but his seasonings are usually good. The Fire and Smoke guys are putting out some good products IMO.

mike243

Sucklebusters 1836 is really good, it's pepper forward, I was finding it at rule king but bass pro was the only place that had it recently. anything beef its great

OldFussNFeathers

Salt, pepper, and follow Alton Browns standing rib roast methods if you have the time. Did my first one last Christmas I used a salt,pepper, fresh garlic paste type rub on a 4 bone. Split it in half and cooked the first half the day after buying. The second half I did 5 days later. Taste was noticeably better on the 5 day one.

TAFKAP

Seems I remember you saying this before, very cool!! The B&T was great on prime rib, steaks, venison, and burgers. I've also tried their Sweet Preacher and Hot preacher on chicken and pork. We put their Cherry cola rub on a Hot Bologna chub. Smoked with cherry wood. Not going to lie the Victory Lane Cherry Bomb rub is the best I ever had but the F&S is right up there with it. I've yet to try the Heath Rules cherry rub but his seasonings are usually good. The Fire and Smoke guys are putting out some good products IMO.

Yessir, they definitely are. Big cans of product go a long way, so it's taken me a while to get through the two I started with. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a bit too spicy for my youngest, so it gets used sparingly. But their Wing Commander gets thrown on just about everything I grill.

WTM

i just use liberal amounts of salt and pepper, fresh rosemary and thyme.

i tried the 500 degree oven thing one time but after my wife griped a whole week about how long it took to clean that oven, ive turned to a 4 hour smoke then finish in oven. i like smoke on a good prime rib and so does my wife.

i knew id messed up when the timer went off. i turned the oven light on and saw what appeared to be a shower of liquid fat spraying out of that roast and put a nice coating all iver the surface of that oven.

FTG-05

My last Prime Rib, a $6.99 special from the local Publix:

rnqueaQ.jpg

s2VN4TT.jpg

The 2nd to last:

rd576y0.jpg

ocoo6mE.jpg

Latest posts