President's island

redblood

Well didn't get a chance to post last night but seen 6 bucks yesterday afternoon but nothing big. Back in my same spot for a all day sit again. Bad thing is yesterday morning this buck was under my stand at home on the public land I hunt . Dang the luck. Lol. I'll keep u guys posted.
Wow. What a public land buck!

holstonangler

I took a pic of this dead head four or so years ago, there's a few that die of old age in there

Attachments

• 20171130_104027.jpg
    20171130_104027.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 194

Oked

Well, hunted til dark yesterday and then had to pull stands and drive 6 hours back to Oklahoma. Seen 6 bucks yesterday and had a shooter with a doe come in at about 4:30. They ended up getting down wind of me and that was over. Seen lots of deer and lots of bucks . Had a great time even though I didn't kill a deer. I really enjoy hunting new spots and this place is great! At my age I know I will never get the opportunity to hunt the island again. Next month,Jan 14-16 will be on a draw hunt at Choctaw Island on Arkansas about 100 miles downriver. Killed a giant there in 2014 and my son killed a 148 inch 10 point also. In the future if anyone draws the Island in the future I'll share any info and opinions I can.

DoubleRidge

Well, hunted til dark yesterday and then had to pull stands and drive 6 hours back to Oklahoma. Seen 6 bucks yesterday and had a shooter with a doe come in at about 4:30. They ended up getting down wind of me and that was over. Seen lots of deer and lots of bucks . Had a great time even though I didn't kill a deer. I really enjoy hunting new spots and this place is great! At my age I know I will never get the opportunity to hunt the island again. Next month,Jan 14-16 will be on a draw hunt at Choctaw Island on Arkansas about 100 miles downriver. Killed a giant there in 2014 and my son killed a 148 inch 10 point also. In the future if anyone draws the Island in the future I'll share any info and opinions I can.
Thanks Oked...appreciate the daily updates and observations!....sounds like you had a great hunt.....and good luck on your next hunt in January!

DeerCamp

I just got back to TN from Oklahoma, hunted the last 5 days of rifle.

Funny coincidence.

Latest posts