Postseason Baseball

Displaced_Vol

Laying back, enjoying the Vols victory and watching Arkansas-NC State and it is a tight one in the top of the 9th. Kopps got his first start of the year. Gave up a couple early then settled in until top of the 9th and he gave up another homer. Getting Interesting in Fayetteville-

PalsPal

I know nothing about any of the other teams in the country who we might face in Omaha, but I like this team and I like our chances.

BTW, I thought the announcers made a good comparison between what Tony V is doing to what Pearl did for UT bball.

Gravey

Got to see part of it then left for a baseball tournament. Got there and watched the last 2 innings on my phone. Great accomplishment and hope they make some noise. Really surprised to see Arkansas go down after winning game 1 21-2 then losing the next 2. Ole Miss choked out and Mississippi State needs to win game 3 tomorrow. Would be cool to see an all SEC final but I'm betting they try to seed them so that doesn't happen.

Displaced_Vol

Even though we're seeded higher than Vandy I still think they may be a tougher out…they're just so complete & they have been there before, and often lol.
Don't know as much about Texas but they've been cruising through their post season pretty easy. Those are the two that I would think are probably going to be the betting favorites but I think this UT team can play with anybody. Cruising through this weekend with minimal wear & tear on our arms will help a good deal. It'll be fun, wish I could make the time to get out there and watch but that's a pipe dream.

Gravey

Even though we're seeded higher than Vandy I still think they may be a tougher out…they're just so complete & they have been there before, and often lol.
Don't know as much about Texas but they've been cruising through their post season pretty easy. Those are the two that I would think are probably going to be the betting favorites but I think this UT team can play with anybody. Cruising through this weekend with minimal wear & tear on our arms will help a good deal. It'll be fun, wish I could make the time to get out there and watch but that's a pipe dream.
Was talking earlier with a buddy who went to Mississippi State and he asked me who the favorite would be and I said Vandy too. Will be tough but I think the Vols have the mental toughness to play with anybody. Will be fun to watch.

Displaced_Vol

Saw a few innings of NC State - Stanford. NC State looked solid but Stanford gave them lots of opportunities as well. Didn't catch any of Vandy's game but looks like it was a good one. Ready for 1:00 central to roll around!

Displaced_Vol

There's been some pretty sorry cuts out there. Missed opportunity in the 1st.

If you ever wondered what Opie Taylor looked like in college I think UVA's pitcher will give you a pretty good idea

Displaced_Vol

Pretty awesome story about Michael's (UVA Catcher) & his dad getting that HR ball. Dad is a pancreatic cancer survivor and this was Michael's first HR of the season. One of the first games his dad has seen him play in person if I understand it. He had another rbi & run later in the 7th too.
Hope we spoil the mood for VA but that's cool.

Displaced_Vol

Well pretty sorry showing. UVA played well but we're a more talented team that just didn't show up today. Don't know if the moment was too big or what but we've got some work ahead of us that's for sure.

Gravey

Well pretty sorry showing. UVA played well but we're a more talented team that just didn't show up today. Don't know if the moment was too big or what but we've got some work ahead of us that's for sure.
Saw some of it at the restaurant and they just couldn't get anything going. Gotta tip your hat to Virginia, regroup and come back ready to go.

Displaced_Vol

Worse thing about losing game 1? Now this game is on ESPNU instead of ESPN 2 later tonight! Oh well, I've got some windshield time later today so I should be able to listen on XM at least.
Don't know what to expect hopefully we're more dialed in and playing our brand of baseball today. Surprised at Texas and Vandy both taking losses, weird tournament but that's the way these things go

Latest posts