Post your most memorable, or special deer.

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Sons 1st buck, he passed several smaller ones waiting for the right one. thats been several years ago. Cant wait for him to graduate college & hopefully have time to get back in the woods with me!

Right_Tackle74

October 22, 2011. My Wedding Day!!! My wife always wanted a fall Wedding, Only problem I Deer Hunt, So we compromised. We decided we'd be gone on our Honeymoon during the Juvenile Hunt, So we scheduled our wedding the prevoius Saturday afternoon at 4:00. No one believed me when I said I was going Hunting that morning. Well after rehersal and Dinner, I went to my old Bed @ Dad's one last time. Got up that morning and went down to the lease in Meigs County. Set up on a small 40 yard wide by 100 yard long Hardwood Flat between a grown up field and a Pine thicket. Went to where I had made a Ground Blind and low and behold it was GONE! some stupids @#$%^&* tore it down. So I sat as close as I could up against a pine bush with the wind to my face, Hoping for the best. Around 9:00 I had a Doe come in on me, But without a Blind to hide in she busted me just outside of Bow range, When she took off another Doe was with her and Poof, They were gone. About 30 seconds after they retreated into the field a Good sized Buck came in sniffing the ground like a Beagle. He didn't see me and turned to the spot the Does exited to the field and left. I've never exucuted this trick yet, But I blew my Grunt call at him Just as he left the woods. He jumped out of the field and was looking around aggressivly and looked every direction but at me sitting on a fold up stool 25 yards away. I put the 10 point crossbow scope behind his leg and Let the bolt fly. I couldn't see good If I hit him or not. Anyways after a few minutes I got up and looked and I found some blood then suddenly a Huge Puddle of Blood going into a Pine Thicket. I trailed him for about 300-350 yards till finally there he lay. He Had a nice Typical 4 point side on his right and a Deformed 6 point beam on his left making him a 10 pointer! (Field Dress about 125 lbs,)Then I called my fiance and Best man and told them the good news. And now, The Rest of the Story...Then reality set in. It's almost 11:00. I've got to Dress this Deer, Drag him out, Check him in, Get to the processors, and be at the Church by 2:00 for pictures :( The clock was ticking. I dragged the Deer to the edge of the field and walked 20-25 minutes to the other side of the property to get a guy to help me get it out. Long story short, We finally Drug the Deer to a point we could load him in the truck.....at 1:30 :( I called my fiance and told her what was going on, Needless to say...She wasn't a Happy camper. Anyways, I got the Deer Checked in and the girl at the check station couldn't believe I was there and not at the church by now. On the way to the processors and had to make a decison, Go to Dad's,Shower and Shave and take the Deer with me to Church, or Drop it off and take a chance being late to Church. Well, I knew my wife would kill me If I showed up with that Deer in the back of the Truck, So I gassed it to the processors and got to my Dad's at 3:30. Our wedding started at 4:00 :) I jumped in the shower jumped right back out and flew to church (BTW,I only live 5 minutes from our church) They had the Tux ready for me and with Deer Blood on my arm, Got to the Door going into the church right at 3:55pm. Now I have that Deer mounted on my wall, and on Febuary 16, 2013 me and my beautiful wife welcomed two sweet little twin girls into this world Kaylee and Abigail (Abby) and now you know.....The Rest of the Story. Good Day :)

Living2Hunt

My grandfather giant deer!
2dsid1y.jpg

My wifes first deer!
vq6ud3.jpg

My brothers first deer!
33ddnxx.jpg

My dad big 9 pt, but i dont have any pics with me. These mean more then any deer i have killed! But my most memorable one is not my biggest. But my bighest with a bow. A 4 year quest to kill a decent buck with a bow!

fepcfk.jpg

Living2Hunt

I will add a story to my pics after reading such great stories! First, my grandfathers deer!
Me, my dad, and my grandfather have shared the outdoors since i was born! So many incredible memories. But a few years ago my grandmother got dementia. A sad disease. My grandfather, now 71, doesnt get to hunt much anymore bc he takes care of her. She cant be left alone. Last year we get my aunt to take care of my grandmother for opening weekend of muzzy. We had moved his stand to a thicket i had found alot of sign in. I have been hunting this giant buck for 3 years and only laid eyes on him once.

Lone behold he walked under paw paws stand that morning! I couldnt have been any happier! He only hunted 4 times last year and not many over last few. Could not have happened to a better man! The deer will hang on my wall forever!

Ok now to my brother! He was born in 1999 and has had 3 open heart surgeries and some stints put in. He cant play sports like most of us can. I really wanted to get him in the outdoors. He loves to fish, but he hasnt been all that interested in hunting. We went 3 years before he killed this doe last year. He was hunting with dad and this deer stepped out. He shot her and hit her high and dropped her. But she didnt die. Before they could get another shot off, she jumped up and ran off. He called me, he was so excited! Thats what i had been waiting for!

I arrive to help track and dad tells me they jump her after 25 yards. O no! Long story short we searched for 3 hours! We were done! We told my brother we couldnt find her and he teared up and looked at me and said im not leaving till i find my deer. That gave me more motivation to keep looking. I got back down the biggest steepest holler again for the 10th time. Im down to my last flash light and i finally found her!! That was the happiest i seen him and happiest i had been too!

So now to my wife! Whoo did we have a bumpy road getting her first deer! She has had so many opportunities to kill some of the biggest deer i have ever seen. Her goal was to kill her first deer with a bow. Last bow season the end of sept we had a full moon. I put her in a stand i had been getting alot of pics at. I chose to go deep in the woods. I told her that we were going to hunt till 10 bc with the moon, the deer would move late. 9:00 came and she text me, no deer lets get down. I told her wait till 10. 9:05 i had 2 small bucks walk by. I let her know!

Well at 9:30 she text me, im board! I said darling hang in there. At 935 she text me, i missed that big 3 pt again! (That deer owned her lol!)
I said are you sure? She called me! She was so excited! She i drilled him in the freaking heart! I started laughing! My wife doesnt talk like that. I said the big 3 pt. she said no, a 6 point!
Long story short, she made a perfect shot and it was a 9pt and i was so happy! As happy as i have ever been! She finally done it! O and she was pregnant with our now 13 week old baby!

My dads 9pt! Wish i had a pic to show! He killed it in dec 11th 2002. I remember getting home from school and he was gone hunting. I got a call right at dark and he said, load the four wheeler im coming home and getting it. I got one, a good one! Boy i couldnt wait! We got there and i was tracking it and seen a rack standing almost 20" off the ground! I was like wow! Like the hunting videos! It was awesome! I think back and i dont spend much time hunting with dad anymore. We hunt together but, I see dad as a superior hunter and always help others kill deer. He seems to always kill something. But it was his only wall hanger he has ever killed. So this year i want to spend more time helping him kill deer! I owe him that, if it wasnt for him i wouldnt be enjoying this sport i live for!

As far as my deer! It doesnt compare to what this hunts mean to me!

Latest posts