Pork Tenderloin

Mud Creek

Smoked @250 offset on the kettle using a Memphis style rub. We did some cheesy hassleback potatoes, salad, and corn on the cob with it. We hit potatoes with some olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, and sea salt. I'll take these over baked potato any day.

Maybe one of these days I'll remember my shadow is blocking the light when taking pics!

20230311_152142.jpg
20230311_162954.jpg
20230311_161823.jpg
20230311_161833.jpg

Displaced_Vol

That looks great. I used to make hasselback potatoes all the time but I haven't in years.
Did you use a sauce on the tenderloin also or just the rub?

Mud Creek

That looks great. I used to make hasselback potatoes all the time but I haven't in years.
Did you use a sauce on the tenderloin also or just the rub?

No sauce just rub and a little spritz of apple juice every half hour- fourty five minutes. I pulled it off when internal hit 155, double wrapped in foil to rest for half hour before slicing. Juices were pouring out. It was so tender you could've shredded it like pulled pork. It maybe the best one I've ever done. I wish I would've had some blues hog bbq sauce on it!

The potatoes are great. Lay a long wooden spoon in each side of potato and make your slices(after seasoning). Bake @400 for 1 hour. After 30 minutes baste in olive oil/melted butter with some basil thrown in. When there's 10-15 minutes left remove again and they should peel apart good enough to add your cheese. I used shredded cheddar for salads, but prefer slicing little thin squares off the block and sticking them between each individual peel. That method is pretty time consuming though! Pop them back in the oven until the cheese melts then devour.

Gronkmonster

No sauce just rub and a little spritz of apple juice every half hour- fourty five minutes. I pulled it off when internal hit 155, double wrapped in foil to rest for half hour before slicing. Juices were pouring out. It was so tender you could've shredded it like pulled pork. It maybe the best one I've ever done. I wish I would've had some blues hog bbq sauce on it!

The potatoes are great. Lay a long wooden spoon in each side of potato and make your slices(after seasoning). Bake @400 for 1 hour. After 30 minutes baste in olive oil/melted butter with some basil thrown in. When there's 10-15 minutes left remove again and they should peel apart good enough to add your cheese. I used shredded cheddar for salads, but prefer slicing little thin squares off the block and sticking them between each individual peel. That method is pretty time consuming though! Pop them back in the oven until the cheese melts then devour.
First time doing hasselbacks tonight! Gonna pair it with grilled steaks and broccoli. Following your directions to a T. Let ya know how they turn out

Latest posts