Pole bender pay lake portland.-- what a joke...

solodren

figure I would let my wife catch a fish,, and have something to eat for dinner,,, 10$ a piece,, wife,son,myself, and mother 40bucks,, stayed there an hour not even a bite,, about an acre and a half pond with at least 20 other folks there,, nobody caught nothing,,, would of been better of staying at home and fishing on priest,,, what a waste of money,,, from what i remember as a kid they bit alot in a pay lake... Never again,, Felt awful for wife and kid,,, stick to priest I suppose.

B.D.

Beware of pay lakes that charge a set price to fish instead of charging you by the pound for your catch.

If they're charging you by the pound, they've got an incentive for everybody to catch a bunch. If they charge a flat rate, it's a lot more economical if they don't have to stock the lake and feed a bunch of fish all the time. Much better to keep just enough fish in the lake to keep people coming back.

There's a good pay lake in Gallatin (don't remember the name) and another in Graball (Twin Lakes, I think). Fishing at pay lakes really isn't my bag, but if I happen to need catfish for a big fish fry or something like that, it's more fun to take some kids and let them catch the fish rather than just buying fillets at Kroger.

bd

Spoonbillmallard

Yea that does suck man!! I have only been there once and had quite a bit of luck honestly. My dad caught a 25 pound channel and I caught a 30 pound channel about an hour apart. We caught quite a few between the 2 to 5 pound range. Thats the only time I have been there. But you really need to find out when the stocking day is. If you go out there the day they stock it you can absolutely wipe them out. But if it gets fished out later on in the week then you could have some bad fishing. But yea you gotta watch out for some pay lakes. Better luck next time!

tennoutdrsman

Tournament fishermen have killed gallatin pay lake..they have no desire to keep fish,BUT,BUT..as soon as they stock fresh cats in the lake,HERE THEY COME.Deep sea fishing poles,and all.LOL!! and they catch the fool out of them on friday(stocking day)and release them,well i know of two guys who sling them back in the water,,which makes the fishes mouth sore,they wont bite on weekends when most folks are looking to catch a bunch for a fry,and the owner loses money.Then they eventually have sores in their mouths and die..
BTW i hear catdaddys is back under the original owner in franklin,Ky.Anyone know?

Latest posts