Fishing lake protected some what by wind

yesmarwh

2-Step Enabled
I'm looking for a fishing lake within a 2 hour drive from Clarksville, that is not majorly affected by the wind. I fish Kentucky lake and its a pain on windy days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Omega

I'm looking for a fishing lake within a 2 hour drive from Clarksville, that is not majorly affected by the wind. I fish Kentucky lake and its a pain on windy days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
What are you fishing for and what are you in? I used to go to Dyers Creek and get plenty of bass, hybrids and some cats too, Lick Creek isn't too bad either.

yesmarwh

2-Step Enabled
What are you fishing for and what are you in? I used to go to Dyers Creek and get plenty of bass, hybrids and some cats too, Lick Creek isn't too bad either.
I'm in a 16 ft g3. Don't care what kind of fish. Most of the time I don't even keep them. Just enjoy the fight and the quite. Don't fish on the weekends or holidays.

redblood

Ky lake is not for me. I like small narrow lakes surrounded by hills. Tims and normandy are nice. Woods is great but still fairly open for a small lake. Not sure of the lakes in your area but you may be better served at some of the southern kentucky lakes.

redblood

Marrowbone is a TWRA lake. I'm dying to go try it again with some electronics. I've been a half dozen times about 10-12 years ago and never caught any quantity or quality of anything… and seen quite a few people fishing there doing the same
Never fished it but it looks to be close to nashville. Id be afraid that it would be crowded

TNReb

Browns Creek, Pinoak, Redbud, Dogwood, and Cedar are all about 2 hours from Clarksville. They're smaller. I know Browns Creek and Pinoak are open for public fishing. I'm not sure about the other two - I assume they are.

Carroll County Lake - 1000 Acre - whatever it's called now days is also about 2 hours. I'm talking about the one outside of Huntingdon. Don't confuse it with the smaller "Carroll Lake" outside of McKenzie. I wouldn't waste time going to "Carroll Lake". "Carroll County Lake 1000 Acre" is a better choice.

Gibson County Lake is a hair over 2 hours from Clarksville.

The Cumberland around Ashland City may be an option also. I think there's a ramp at Ashland City.

Someone already mentioned Marrowbone.

There's also Laurel Hill and Halford run by the TWRA. I don't know anything about those two.

Here's a list of TWRA lakes...

JRC1

Browns Creek, Pinoak, Redbud, Dogwood, and Cedar are all about 2 hours from Clarksville. They're smaller. I know Browns Creek and Pinoak are open for public fishing. I'm not sure about the other two - I assume they are.

Carroll County Lake - 1000 Acre - whatever it's called now days is also about 2 hours. I'm talking about the one outside of Huntingdon. Don't confuse it with the smaller "Carroll Lake" outside of McKenzie. I wouldn't waste time going to "Carroll Lake". "Carroll County Lake 1000 Acre" is a better choice.

Gibson County Lake is a hair over 2 hours from Clarksville.

The Cumberland around Ashland City may be an option also. I think there's a ramp at Ashland City.

Someone already mentioned Marrowbone.

There's also Laurel Hill and Halford run by the TWRA. I don't know anything about those two.

Here's a list of TWRA lakes...

Carroll County 1,000 acre lake was renamed Lake Halford a couple years ago.

TNReb

Carroll County 1,000 acre lake was renamed Lake Halford a couple years ago.
Ah... makes sense. I saw "Halford" on the TWRA map and couldnt think of anything around that area but didnt put 2 and 2 together.

Latest posts