Poachers HURRICANE MILLS

GRIT

You would be surprised at who will do this.
It is not always kids there is some 40 and 50 plus year old people doing a lot of this .For some reason i don
t understand why but the are hooked on this like someone being hooked on drugs they get a thrill/high out of killing deer.

Speedwell-Hunter

they are using the night vision as well. I'm gonna have to ladder up a tree and put it high up so they cannot steel it if they see the red light go o

Several guys in our lease practice law. These guys will not like it when they get caught.

I will definitely use spypoint because if they get stolen, they will actually be doing me a favor.
Get a Spartan, they have invisible flash as well and if stolen, they have GPS tracker as well. Work well in lower cell signal areas , at least for me (Verizon)

BigDave12

I'm a lessee and I have prosecuted a bunch of them! From road hunting, trespassing, baiting, and spotlighting. Never had a bit of trouble and owner never once has had to show up at court. Landowner has never been involved.
I actually have it written in my lease terms (signed by both parties and notarized) that I am allowed to contact law enforcement for illegal activity and prosecute on behalf of the landowner in an effort to protect said landowner's property. If the landowner wants me to remove that clause upon lease signing, then I will do so. But, I have yet to have a landowner say they don't want such protections in place. They even say "if you catch someone, then I will gladly assist in pressing charges".

BigDave12

I sincerely hope you catch them. I dealt with that when I had my lease in Dickson County. I managed that place for 16 years (and then they sold the place). In that time, cameras became the norm and affordable. I used them to my advantage. I was able to capture pics of the perpetrators and pass them along to my landowner. That landowner knew just who they were and put a stop to it, we'll for them most part, without ever having to get law enforcement involved. We still had the occasional trespass and poaching issue pop up, but cameras can be your friend - even if you have to use them along roadways in video mode today.

Speedwell-Hunter

That's great info. Especially the GPS capability.
Bigdave, even more interesting, GPS tracking works when you remove the batteries , the external 8 AA batteries charge a small internal battery constantly so if stolen and batteries ripped out , GPS still works !!! See below, the internal voltage is that battery that is crucial for anti theft

Pretty awesome, loving mine thus far

Occasional live stream issues but other wise great

Attachments

• 2CC9DD8F-CC4E-4F18-9EB8-3670FB9B27E1.jpeg
    2CC9DD8F-CC4E-4F18-9EB8-3670FB9B27E1.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 46

BigDave12

Bigdave, even more interesting, GPS tracking works when you remove the batteries , the external 8 AA batteries charge a small internal battery constantly so if stolen and batteries ripped out , GPS still works !!! See below, the internal voltage is that battery that is crucial for anti theft

Pretty awesome, loving mine thus far

Occasional live stream issues but other wise great
Thanks so much. I will definitely consider them for my next purchase.

earlytime

If you're not allowed to put deer decoys out at night, just make one out of plywood cut out in the shape of a deer. Then put trail marker tacks as eyes and a white cloth for a tail and a nice set of antlers and just say it my shooting target. Then put up as many cameras that you can in photo/video mode along the road in both directions along the whole field. Then check daily and if you can't, then have landowner check them until they are caught

Hridge

With what we have going and other people in area wanting to help, I have a strong feeling we're gonna catch them and sink them. Sometimes people are scared to talk, but everyone is sick of it. Gotten lots of feedback just from this post and people contacting the TWRA. They are sick of it and ready bust these guys. It's amazing what good people can do when you put your heads together.

Pilchard

Hunters should be allowed to set up, ARMED, and return fire to any person or vehicle that shoots onto his lease or property. THAT would shut down the road hunting.
I think that actually might do a better job of shutting down hunting than road hunting.

How does that old saying go?!? Oh yeah... An eye for a leg, a tooth for a brain...

Latest posts