Poachers HURRICANE MILLS

Hridge

I've got a serious problem on my lease in Hurricane Mills with road hunters. Our lease is off hwy 230 close to Loretta Lynns. Last year 7 deer got shot from road. This year 4 have been shot. I found a buck that got shot Thursday night. They didn't even come back and get him. Just killing for no reason. Game warden is looking hard for them. For some reason a law was passed that you cannot put dummy deer out at night. If so we would have them already. They are shooting these deer at night with suppressed guns. If anyone has any information on who it might be, please respond. They are hitting places all over Humphrey county. It's the worst thing I have come across in all my years. We are gonna prosecute them to death when they get caught.

Hridge

I thought about that but it's a long stretch and the road falls off hard in several places. I put out signs to notify them we were watching but they don't care. TWRA is pissed and several guys are on case. It's really a really bad group of guys doing this. They are just killing seer for the fun of it all over county. Don't take meat and rarely take antlers. The deer they shot this week was a great buck and dropped 50 yds from road. They didn't touch it. The blood trail in snow showed that it was right by road and it was doe only land owner hunt, so no bucks we're supposed to be shot anyway

Hridge

I'm gonna put out a camera but spypoint or any cell cam won't work because it's in a dead spot with no cell phone reception. These guys are smart and do it in areas where no cell cameras can work. We also think they are using the night vision as well. I'm gonna have to ladder up a tree and put it high up so they cannot steel it if they see the red light go off.

Hridge

I sincerely appreciate everyone's suggestions. I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this. These guys are in for a rude awakening when they get caught. I'll post names once they do.

Hridge

459D4158-88D1-4368-8D89-5019E533620C.jpeg

Spurhunter

SPYPOINT!
On road from where they shoot. Get vehicle descriptions and maybe a tag number.
You have more confidence in your Spypoints than I do mine. My 3 would likely send me 26 pictures of nothing, then not send the pic of the guy shooting from the truck holding his ID up to the camera. I'd see it 2 weeks later when I swapped cards.

Spurhunter

I've got a serious problem on my lease. We are gonna prosecute them to death when they get caught.
It's my understanding that a lessee can't press charges. Only the landowner. But that applies more to trespassing. Since these low down, dirty, scum sucking maggots are shooting from the road, and TWRA is already involved you shouldn't have any problems. Hopefully they nail them to the wall when they catch them. I didn't know about the decoy at night thing.

Lost Lake

Assuming that they are locals, and going on your assumption that they might be using suppressors, couldn't the law start looking there? Not sure how many people have permits for them, (and it might be too many to even worry with), but I'd think the list could be narrowed from there possibly?

Hridge

The landowner is on our side and willing to prosecute as well. Really good people and very tight family. He knows it could affect his ability to lease the land. I'm not gonna keep doing it, if this continues. There is no family that are young enough to care and they like the income. TWRA has been on it for 4 months but only 2 guys in our whole county. They actually cover Humphrey and 1 other county. Really hard for them to just concentrate on us. Great guys though and I appreciate their efforts. I might buy a dummy deer and fill it full of tanneright. We would hear them for sure!!

Latest posts