Poacher in Hixson 12/16/2022

Ski

Could be but I've never nor have never known a ginseng hunter to lug around a shotgun. I'm also suspect of the coon hunter idea, most that I know would carry a 22 cal. And probably no more that a side arm when retrieving a lost dog. Just my thoughts….wait…… I've had a premonition…. SNIPE!!! His buddies dropped him off last night to go snipe huntin!!

Hahaha I agree on all points, but you've got me mixed up with the OP. His trespasser had a shotgun. Mine had a flashlight.

Squirle hunter

Had a flashlight 9 out of ten says coon hunter whole lot easier to slip in grab your dog and get out hopefully without being noticed than to wake ppl up and scare them

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
You folks havent experienced trespassers until you have an Indian burial mound on your property. Folks on me all the time digging up my ancestors for the rocks they were buried with. Walk em' out at gunpoint to the sheriffs and all they get is a criminal trespass warning from the LEO. Most are crackheads who are up for days at a time. They can do some damage to property in a short span of time. Desecration of a grave dont seem to apply.

Sad.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Tennessee Code 39-14-405 Criminal Trespass

Here is a major portion of what is in the Tennessee Criminal Trespass Code that should interest some, especially section (c):

39-14-405. Criminal Trespass

(a) A person commits criminal trespass if the person enters or remains on property, or any portion of property, without the consent of the owner. Consent may be inferred in the case of property that is used for commercial activity available to the general public or in the case of other property when the owner has communicated the owner's intent that the property be open to the general public.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) A person entered or remained on property that the person reasonably believed to be property for which the owner's consent to enter had been granted;
(2) The person's conduct did not substantially interfere with the owner's use of the property; and
(3) The person immediately left the property upon request.

(c) The defenses to prosecution set out in subsection (b) shall not be applicable to a person violating this section if the property owner:
(1) Posts the property with signs that are visible at all major points of ingress to the property being posted and the signs are reasonably likely to come to the attention of a person entering the property; or
(2) Places identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property; provided, that at least one (1) sign is posted at a major point of ingress to the property in a manner that is reasonably likely to come to the attention of a person entering the property and that the sign includes language describing that the use of purple paint signifies "no trespassing." If purple paint is used, then purple paint must be vertical lines of not less than eight inches (8″) in length and not less than one inch (1″) in width; placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet (3′) or more than five feet (5′) from the ground; and placed at locations that are reasonably likely to come to the attention of a person entering the property.

(d) For purposes of this section, "enter" means intrusion of the entire body or when a person causes an unmanned aircraft to enter that portion of the airspace above the owner's land not regulated as navigable airspace by the federal aviation administration.

ttf909

This is the 2nd sign and the dirt bag trespasser . He is still wanted and is carrying a gun in the trail cam pic. His p.o. confirmed its his picture. Put these all around my neighborhood like those annoying high speed internet signs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221226-201008_Message+.jpg
    Screenshot_20221226-201008_Message+.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20221226-201205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221226-201205_Chrome.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts