Food Plots Plot Start Calcium

megalomaniac

Bgoodman30

most of that junk is just calcium chloride... rock salt
Well dang.. Reviews are good though..

megalomaniac

2.5g 'plot start' may give the equivalent of 1t ag lime for available CALCIUM to the ground. But most soils already have enough calcium to meet plants needs.

But don't confuse with available calcium with the power to raise pH of acidic soils.... Gonna take about 50- 100 jugs of that stuff to equal 1 ton of aglime to compare ability to raise pH.

megalomaniac

Bgoodman30

2.5g 'plot start' may give the equivalent of 1t ag lime for available CALCIUM to the ground. But most soils already have enough calcium to meet plants needs.

But don't confuse with available calcium with the power to raise pH of acidic soils.... Gonna take about 50- 100 jugs of that stuff to equal 1 ton of aglime to compare ability to raise pH.

Yeah I just bought a 25 gallon sprayer and was hoping to avoid needing to rent the lime wagon due to access.. Its a PITA barely got my UTV in last week..

Spurhunter

When spraying calcium do not add any herbicide or liquid nitrogen!!
You can end up with the products not being compatible and halfway congealing and really causing issues in your sprayer and tips
We've already bushhogged and sprayed. I'm probably going to take the lime up there and disk it in in a couple weeks, then disk in the recommended amounts of triple 15 and plant mid September. We'll spray the plot start that day also.

JCDEERMAN

We've already bushhogged and sprayed. I'm probably going to take the lime up there and disk it in in a couple weeks, then disk in the recommended amounts of triple 15 and plant mid September. We'll spray the plot start that day also.
Just know that pelletized lime takes 2-3 months to really take effect. Ag lime takes about 6 months, so pelletized is the way to go now for fall. I'd do it asap.

BSK

I've talked to several who have used it as a "starter" in new fields. They used the liquid lime and pelletized lime knowing the pelletized lime would take a few months. In fact, you can go liquid lime, pelletized lime, then ag lime. The ag lime is best but can take quite a bit longer to activate in the soil than pelletized lime. Pelletized is fast than ag lime but won't last as long. The liquid is fastest of all but won't last more than a single season.

Bgoodman30

I've used this along with the plot boost and it's a game changer compared to when I hadn't used it In the same fields and same exact plants . Growth was bar none .. maybe it's luck or whatever but I will continue to buy it ..
Can you share your application methods?

boonencrockett

I sprayed weeds and after substantial weed die off a sprayed the plot start after discing the fields .. I go back in and plant when we had rain. It's recommended to spray the plot boost on the leafs of new plants so I waited on that. the beans are over 4 feet tall now and they were planted 2 weeks after Memorial Day weekend. I'm no farmer but I run all mine through a 25 gal 11 foot boom sprayer on my 4 wheeler

Bgoodman30

Got my soil test back from Whitetail institute and PH is 5.9 and says I need 2500# for imperial clover... Hmmmm

vonb

I'm trying the DeerGro Plot Boost for the first time this year. I bought 5 gallons to use on a 1 acre of food plots. I sprayed Glypho in mid July to kill everything. I then tilled/planted and applied Plot Boost the weekend of 9/20. I checked the plot on Labor Day Weekend and it was coming up really well. If this works, I'll use again.

Latest posts