Please settle an argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

scn

You are allowed to possess twice the daily creel limit.

You may gift that amount to others in your household to take them off of your possession limit, but legally would be limited to twice the creel limit times the number in the household.

catman529

SCN will have the best answer, but from what I remember, I dont think TWRA will come busting through your door over some crappie in your freezer, however it would be illegal to have more than twice the daily bag in your possession (even in the freezer). But this makes me wonder about those certain lakes that don't have a limit on crappie. I guess you can keep any amount of those, but no way to prove where you caught em...me personally, I wouldn't worry about how many fish are in my freezer, as long as they were caught legally and within their daily bag limits...

edit - yep SCN beat me by about a minute :D thanks for the correct answer as usual :D

scn

catman529 said:
SCN will have the best answer, but from what I remember, I dont think TWRA will come busting through your door over some crappie in your freezer, however it would be illegal to have more than twice the daily bag in your possession (even in the freezer). But this makes me wonder about those certain lakes that don't have a limit on crappie. I guess you can keep any amount of those, but no way to prove where you caught em...me personally, I wouldn't worry about how many fish are in my freezer, as long as they were caught legally and within their daily bag limits...

edit - yep SCN beat me by about a minute :D thanks for the correct answer as usual :D

I'm not aware of any with an unlimited creel limit on crappie. If they don't have a specific lake limit, they fall back under the statewide creel limit of 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts