TWRA Question area isn't needed...since they never answer any questions.

mike243

Why would they come to a site where they are harassed about everything twra does, no matter that the commission are the ones who passed BS stuff against the biologists' recommendations. They were a great resource for info but after so much bashing I can't blame them for leaving, I'm sure they took heat from the upper brass about posting here also, they have family and jobs to protect like the rest of us. There are a few retired or close to it that hang around and try to help out from time to time but the bashing won't stop. I'm sure it gets old and who wants all the flaming, times change along with everything else and it's never easy to except it. Some will never consider something was done fairly unless it was done right in front of them then still think it was rigged some way.

Hduke86

I get what you're saying but instead of doing away with it maybe just lock the whole page so no new misinformation can be added. That way IF someone really needs an answer they could likely search older posts and try to get somewhat a straight answer IF those regs haven't changed. Best bet is to just call the regional office and leave a message with whoever to call you back. I've had great luck doing that and they normally will call back the next day but if not I'll pick up the phone again and explain I'm waiting on a answer and would like a call back which usually does the trick. POLITELY is usually the key

ROVERBOY

I called them once and asked a question. I never got a straight answer. I even rephrased it. Still not a straight answer. That guy should've been a politician.

Henry

Seems my county isn't on the cwd list anymore. Had 1 positive test a couple years ago, but not last year from what I could find.

BMan

Once your county is on the CWD list, it's never removed.

Don't confuse the list of CWD positive counties with the CWD Zone. The former includes counties with one detected case such as Henry and Weakley; the latter is where CWD is prevalent. Unfortunately, if you're in a CWD positive county there are limitations on what you can do with your deer (e.g. cannot transport a full carcass to a non-CWD county, etc.).

Last edited:

DaveTN

I see no reason to remove it. People still ask TWRA questions here, and they get answers. Some good, some not.

There used to be rules here saying if you weren't TWRA don't post stupid comments. That was removed so you are free to post your comments about dumping chemicals in the water. Just because you aren't getting the response you want doesn't mean we need to censor the forum.

You haven't even been here a year, yet you want to start getting rid of forums. Wait until you have been around awhile and maybe you will have a better understanding of what's going on.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Seems my county isn't on the cwd list anymore. Had 1 positive test a couple years ago, but not last year from what I could find.
What County ?? Quite a few have been added to Have transportation restrictions but have are considered Unit L as far as hunting regulations. I'm in Benton no confirmed cases but Transportation restrictions have been applied. I'm have been watching Henry pretty close. Only the one case and no new cases.

Last edited:

Henry

What County ?? Quite a few have been added to Have transportation restrictions but have are considered Unit L as far as hunting regulations. I'm in Benton no confirmed cases but Transportation restrictions have been applied. I'm have been watching Henry pretty close. Only the one case and no new cases.
Does Henry still have transportation restrictions? I wonder if the deer got that memo.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Does Henry still have transportation restrictions? I wonder if the deer got that memo.
Yes basically Any Place West of The Tn River cannot Transport Deer across the river. I've used Wallace's to process my deer for years. Gonna miss having a Processor I trust fairly close.

Latest posts