Physical Therapists or trainers for archers

TNRAMBLINGMAN

Anyone have a good physical trainer who understands how hard to push someone and also understand the shoulder demands of archery?

Just curious if anyone in the middle TN area knew of a PT or personal trainer who helped them developed an all around workout that also assisted with archery.

I am 50s range in age and trying to take good care of my shoulders, work out reguarly, and hope to keep pulling a bow for awhile.

Thanks

scn

There is a device called a Bowfit that was developed by a physical therapist for archers. It comes with a set of exercises. I've been using one for 20+ years, and wouldn't be able to get in shape to shoot now without it. I'll be using it tonight before I turn in.

Former ladies World Champion archer Joella Bates used one to rehab from some serious back issues that almost ended her career. I've used one since Joella recommended it to me. She later used their safari version to work up to a 100+# draw weight where she became the first female to take an elephant with a bow.

I'm not connected with them in any way, but highly recommend their system: http://www.bowfit.com/

HoytDawg

Im a physical therapist just south of nashville. Have done this exact thing for a few people. Let me know if you'd like some guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk