Cold Feb day is good for tinkering

Ladys man

My new arrows came in today. So nothing better to do on a chilly day than start tinkering.
My new 8in stabilizer and offset mount came in yesterday so going to try to build a lil light set up.
These should be about 470 gr

Attachments

• IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 4

Ladys man

Finished product.
So my first time fletching arrows, I went with the Tac vanes using a right helical. Arizona ez fletch seemed pretty easy watching YouTube but maybe I had a defective one but it was some what frustrating.
I glued in the in/outsert system by Sirius/ethics adding 75gr up front with 100 gr magnus.
Once I add the lighted nocks should be 485ish.
Just waiting on warmer weather to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 5

Black Titan

Nice. Call me crazy, but I love the process of building arrows and tuning.

I've heard the ezfletch can be a bit of a pain sometimes. I personally haven't used one though. I got the bohning tower jig. Does straight, left/right helical/offset, even does feathers. The only limiting factor to it is that it's 3 vanes only, no 4 vane fletching option that I know of.

How do you like that ethics insert set? Did you have to sand the shafts at all for the collars to fit? I've been looking at those and the iron will kit, and thought I read that you may have to sand a bit with the ethics.

BT

Ladys man

Nice. Call me crazy, but I love the process of building arrows and tuning.

I've heard the ezfletch can be a bit of a pain sometimes. I personally haven't used one though. I got the bohning tower jig. Does straight, left/right helical/offset, even does feathers. The only limiting factor to it is that it's 3 vanes only, no 4 vane fletching option that I know of.

How do you like that ethics insert set? Did you have to sand the shafts at all for the collars to fit? I've been looking at those and the iron will kit, and thought I read that you may have to sand a bit with the ethics.

BT
No sanding was necessary. I did use a scotch bright pad just scuff to give the glue a better hold.

Shanman

Looking good! Been to busy with life to even think about my bows, you are doing it right and no doubt will be prepared come season. 😉

Latest posts