P365 Manual Safety or Precautions for Toddlers

Laserman1

My 365x came with the safety cheaper than one without. A Glock can catch on something in a purse that depresses both trigger and safety trigger. Also there are many striker fired guns besides glocks. I have a M&p shield that is also striker fired with a safety. It came that way.

recurve60#

I am going to buying a Sig p365 for my edc soon. My hesitancy is should I get one with a manual safety or no? When I am home, it usually rests in my nightstand drawer and I now have a toddler who is into everything. What do ya'll recommend for the situation?
Only way to be absolute is always have it on you or locked up.

44 mag

One thing I have not heard is take the mystery out of the gun. Introduce your child to the handgun and any other guns you have. Teach them that it's not a toy and to never mess with it. I know that some parents are against spankings but the worst whoppen my boy ever got is when he decided to mess with a 22 with out permission (it was behind a closet door and unloaded). Let them shoot the 22s or 9mm when they are big enough.

I guess what I am saying is teach then proper gun safety and if they are around guns and shoot guns on the weekend or when ever then I my opinion the gun is not a big secret that daddy is trying to hide, and they might be less likely to go looking for it or to mess with it if they come across it.

Edit to add that your home defense gun still needs to be out of reach of any small child be it your own or visitors. It's just not worth the risk.

Last edited:

7mm08

Looking into this because I now have grandkids

1681612284143.jpeg

Hduke86

One thing I have not heard is take the mystery out of the gun. Introduce your child to the handgun and any other guns you have. Teach them that it's not a toy and to never mess with it. I know that some parents are against spankings but the worst whoppen my boy ever got is when he decided to mess with a 22 with out permission (it was behind a closet door and unloaded). Let them shoot the 22s or 9mm when they are big enough.

I guess what I am saying is teach then proper gun safety and if they are around guns and shoot guns on the weekend or when ever then I my opinion the gun is not a big secret that daddy is trying to hide, and they might be less likely to go looking for it or to mess with it if they come across it.

Edit to add that your home defense gun still needs to be out of reach of any small child be it your own or visitors. It's just not worth the risk.
This was the EXACT approach I took with my boys that are now 12 and 14. I took the "mystery" of a gun out of the equation. They were shooting at a very young age and shot often. They had/have no desire to go behind my back to play with a gun or to see why it's being hidden. Now they come to me or their mother and ask if they can shoot off the back porch or if I can go take them to the range to shoot the bigger stuff. I have complete confidence and peace of mind knowing they respect and know how to handle a pistol,shotgun, or rifle correctly.