Oneida Bows

eweisner

Was browsing Craigslist and ran across two different Oneida Bows. Strangest looking things I have even seen. Anyone use one? Pro's or Con's? Just curious.

TNDeerGuy

I have shot one before, but I don't own nor know anyone that does. From my experience of shooting it, Black Eagle if I remember the model right, it was extremely smooth, seemed to have decent speed but it was on the heavy side. Wish I could offer more, but I only fired a few shots out of it.

dmitchell28

Really good quality bows in their time and still quality bows today just not on the speed bandwagon like everyone else......plus I'm kind of partial to the place.....Oneida lol

Hoss

I have a Strike Eagle (circa 1988?). It is smooth pretty quick but loud. The one I have is a left hand model that belonged to my dad. I have shot it righthanded and it works pretty well that way. I hunted with it some, shooting right handed. It is a little different to shoot from the wrong side of the bow but with some practice I was able to get comfortable with it. Good bows just a different take on things.

rukiddin

These bows are HUGE in bowfishing. Especially the Oneida Osprey. Matter of fact I just bought a used Tomcat II. I'm not exactly sure whats up with all the hype with using them in bowfishing, but I do know the ones I have shot are the smoothest drawing bows you will ever shoot and you can get very good arrow performance with super low poundage.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

i have killed a many deer with these bows.i really love them.i have a older screaming eagle and strike eagle that i have retired.i was on their website and seen todays prices and about fell over.i wouldnt pay that price for anything,and i think its ashame to even price them high as they are

Latest posts