One less deer in the silent cedar herd

ImThere

[/quote] thanks Ricky I always had that spot in the back of my head, something just made me want to try it a couple weeks ago and I got busted by that herd of does on the first hunt. So I told myself I was going to kill one out of there

Sent from the talk of tap[/quote]
sometimes it's hard not to get busted late season. It all worked out for you.

catman529

redblood":2gbtqg2o said:
glad you got the deer you were after. I fine wrap to a great season
thanks. She's probably the last but I will keep hunting till the end. Do you do any good for squirrels on warmer days in January? I got a spot full of fox squirrel I want to go to after deer season but squirrels are usually holed up during that time of year.

Sent from the talk of tap

AllOutdoors

Congrats! Hunting those old cedar thickets brings back memories. One of my best stands growing up was in a big cedar tree in a cedar thicket. Dad called it the dump stand. Because of the old road through it, people would ride through there to throw out their trash.

Sent from this smart thingamajig using tapatalk.

catman529

AllOutdoors":3hq9id2z said:
Congrats! Hunting those old cedar thickets brings back memories. One of my best stands growing up was in a big cedar tree in a cedar thicket. Dad called it the dump stand. Because of the old road through it, people would ride through there to throw out their trash.

Sent from this smart thingamajig using tapatalk.
yeah I love the cedars if I didn't say that already, lol. But the cedars I usually hunt are not big enough to use a treestand - if I did, I'd be looking at nothing but cedar greenery all around me. In fact, even stillhunting is tough because I can't see far while standing. Only when I sit down can I see 20-30 yards or more.

Sent from the talk of tap

TboneD

I almost sat down in some cedars off a field just yesterday afternoon, but didn't want to sit butt on the ground without my back to a tree. Next year though, I'll have one of those low profile lounger chairs guys use for turkey hunting for such spots. Way to go! Gotta love the Marlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

catman529":34btnj8c said:
Do you do any good for squirrels on warmer days in January? I got a spot full of fox squirrel I want to go to after deer season but squirrels are usually holed up during that time of year.

Do you like to eat the fox squirrels? I have noticed more of them this year than any other year I can remember.

Congrats on the deer too.

Latest posts