One in 21 chance!

TheLBLman

I talked to my buddy about hunting all day every day that week of the rut when things are crazy. When you go on a pay hunt, that's exactly what you do until you kill your buck.
I don't understand why so many hunters haven't embraced the idea of deer hunting all day, instead of only early mornings & late evenings.

Many the same hunters will go on all day hikes, year-round, etc.

I often find an all-day sit to be "therapeutic" for me, and a very enjoyable & "easy" way to spend a day.

Other people do yoga and things like watch TV all day.

I'd rather spend a day forest bathing.

BSK

I don't understand why so many hunters haven't embraced the idea of deer hunting all day, instead of only early mornings & late evenings.

Many the same hunters will go on all day hikes, year-round, etc.

I often find an all-day sit to be "therapeutic" for me, and a very enjoyable & "easy" way to spend a day.

Other people do yoga and things like watch TV all day.

I'd rather spend a day forest bathing.
Because it's incredibly boring. I just can't sit still that long.

Ski

Because it's incredibly boring. I just can't sit still that long.

Same here. I know in my gut I'd be more successful if I just sat longer, but I guess I don't want it bad enough. So I play the highest odds I can play by sitting morning/evening and accept that I'm not getting every opportunity, only most of them.

BSK

Same here. I know in my gut I'd be more successful if I just sat longer, but I guess I don't want it bad enough. So I play the highest odds I can play by sitting morning/evening and accept that I'm not getting every opportunity, only most of them.
This exactly. I'm an odds player. I look at good data, find the best times and locations to hunt, and then play the odds. When/where will my efforts be maximized? But I also realize I'm missing opportunities at other times. That's just the way I play the game.

Latest posts