On the board in MS

spoon

2D083420-D8EE-4474-87F2-72490907717A.jpeg
Got setup between birds on the roost gobbling great. After some sweet soft talk on Lynch box call 3 came quickly to 25-30 yds. Done at 6:45

16-1/2 lbs, 9-1/4" beard with 1-1/16" spurs.

spoon

Congrats!!! You hearing much up your way past few days? Been crazy quiet an hour and a half south of you this past 11 days. Haven't even heard a single shotgun blast all season long.
Started out around Sylvarena, the only birds we heard would gobble once on roost then silent rest of the day. We heard lot of shots and we found out why, neighbors are running feeders. Hunted Holly Springs NF the other day did hear 1 bird gobble 4-5x on the roost then silent. I'm thinking hens. This morning after overnight storms thought the birds would get fired up which they did. The setup was between two groups of birds. The closer group had hens which we were thinking they wouldn't leave them, but our guess was a boss bird with hens so the 3 2 yo came in looking for us. Got on the other group but they wouldn't cross the creek.

megalomaniac

This morning after overnight storms thought the birds would get fired up which they did.
No kidding! I LOVE to hunt a clear/semi clear morning following late afternoon/night storms. This morn was PERFECT for gobbling! But I didn't hear a peep. Covered 5 miles hoping to cut a fresh track since the rains but I drew a blank.

Bell3wv

View attachment 172983Got setup between birds on the roost gobbling great. After some sweet soft talk on Lynch box call 3 came quickly to 25-30 yds. Done at 6:45

16-1/2 lbs, 9-1/4" beard with 1-1/16" spurs.
Congratulations! Normally I'd be out there too, but with TN slowing things down a bit it'll be 3 more weeks until I have the opportunity. BTW - they were gobbling at 0645 in NE TN this morning.

Latest posts