MS Turkey stamp

Buzzard Breath

a lot of those same folks have plans or yearly go to other states to hunt.
200 (4).gif

:D

I don't mind paying the extra fee for another state to allow me to come hunt their animals. I don't think charging a non-resident a higher fee, on top of their regular license fee, for a turkey stamp is all that bad of an idea.

Bgoodman30

Can't blame them for wanting to keep the traveling circus out. I'd keep raising it till they stopped coming, that goes for every state. Won't bother me one bit, and I could care less about the circus. That said, I'll be headed to Fl Thursday, as I do every year. Having that lifetime license keeps them from f##king me there.

I, Me, I , I , Me Got it..

Soft Talker

problem is its a double edge sword. You remove NR and thats a major loss in money that is going to wildlife and conservation/land management. Sure it makes it more fun short term for residents but that loss of funds they will feel in the long run.
ive also always found it funny that lots of folks are on the NR removal train but a lot of those same folks have plans or yearly go to other states to hunt.
I return home to Turkey hunt The Big Cypress Swamp every year. It's my only travels anymore. The lifetime license that was bought for me as a kid, keeps me out of trouble. With the direction this country, as well as Turkey Hunting is headed, I honestly, could not give a piss about the long run. Between these Southern Appalachians and that Swamp down South, I will always have at least a few Turkeys to hunt every year. Selfish as it might be, this is all I care about ;)

SJS

Can't blame them for wanting to keep the traveling circus out. I'd keep raising it till they stopped coming, that goes for every state. Won't bother me one bit, and I could care less about the circus. That said, I'll be headed to Fl Thursday, as I do every year. Having that lifetime license keeps them from f##king me there.
Doesn't matter I have 120 acres and a house I pay on and have been supporting the area for 25 years. Sure, call it a circus!!

Layne

I don't have an issue paying a higher NR license fee but the $100 extra on top of a $50 tag fee on top of a $300 license fee is getting tough… I own land so I'm not stopping hunting but there will be those that stop or just forgo the license. IMO, those lost fees will be recouped most likely through higher residence fees eventually.

megalomaniac

I don't have an issue paying a higher NR license fee but the $100 extra on top of a $50 tag fee on top of a $300 license fee is getting tough… I own land so I'm not stopping hunting but there will be those that stop or just forgo the license. IMO, those lost fees will be recouped most likely through higher residence fees eventually.
Our resident licenses are CHEAP!!!

$45 for all deer and turkey any weapon, any season except velvet season... another $10 for that. WMA permit another $15. Saltwater fishing another $15. State duck another $10.

Everybody asked me why I didn't buy a lifetime license years ago... because annual licenses are so cheap here, esp when I was only deer and turkey hunting on private and not duck hunting or saltwater fishing. I was paying only $45 per year to hunt and fish (not saltwater and not ducks).

So a little increase wouldn't be a deal breaker. When I left TN in 2001, I was paying $100 way back.then for the sportsman license.

Latest posts