Official College Football National Championship Game Thread

PillsburyDoughboy

Re: Official College Football National Championship Game Thr

TeamMainStreet":c730nnil said:
PillsburyDoughboy":c730nnil said:
Bam !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will take our coach now. Thanks

We're done with him . U can have him ! We got what we needed !

PillsburyDoughboy

elknturkey":20xa3h58 said:
TeamMainStreet":20xa3h58 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":20xa3h58 said:
Bam !!!

We will take our coach now. Thanks
Lol. I look for y'all to be battling Georgia for the east within 2 years. Good coach and players love him. Aight

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
lol

PillsburyDoughboy

I knew when I saw the Georgia Defense players panting and gasping for air after every play towards he end of the 3rd quarter that ALABAMA had beat them down and we had a chance .

prstide

They didn't know anything about Tua. When I was walking out of the stadium I heard several of the Ga fans asking,"Who is that Tua kid?" SURPRISE!!! Get used to the name cause he'll be the one from here on out. RTR!!

Zulu

Last January I was in Hawaii with my wife for our anniversary. Whenever I was wearing any of my Bama stuff, at least one of the locals would want to stop me and talk about "Tua." "Tua's great!." "Tua's better than Mariota!" "Tua's gonna win you a national championship!" Of course, I vaguely remembered him from the recruiting reports, but with all the talent Bama had inbound, I'd just smile and say "Well, it's great to have another five star." Don't I feel like the fool. I'm those folks in SW Oahu are partying tonight. Thank you Hawaii! Shaka brah!

Mudbone

Wth!!!
I fell asleep right after 3rd quarter started. One of the last drives I remember is the refs really helping the tide. There was a blocked punt that Georgia recovered deep in bama territory but were called offsides on. Then, once they got the ball, a uga rb bout had his helmet ripped off his head on 3rd and long and didn't get a whistle and had to punt. Bama then went on a long drive and scored a td with the freshman qb. I knew right then something stupid was gonna happen.I was pulling for uga.
It seems one aspect of the game Bama always wins at is the luck of the refs side of the ball.

Mudbone

Scioto":2csu3bj5 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2csu3bj5 said:
BamaProud":2csu3bj5 said:
As we prepare for an all SEC title game tonight, I'd like to congratulate the Big Ten on a huge anniversary — four years ago today your league scored its last points in the college football playoff.

They are providing the referees tonight though. :) Roll Tide!
Maybe they just needed to feel part of the Championship. Maybe they will give themselves a participation trophy afterwards and a parade. :)

On the bright side, an SEC team is going to lose the national championship tonight. It's a push.

#StillNotWatching
Vermin?
Can't believe it took me this long to notice you over there.
Can u believe 9 out of the last twelve NCAA championships were won by the sec? Awesome eh!!

Scioto

Congrats to the Bammers.

Urban Meyer would have stuck with his starting QB until the bitterest of ends. And that's why Saban is the best coach in college football.

Scioto

Hey Mudbone, nope this isn't Vermin.

Of those nine, Bama won five of them. The last time an SEC team won the national championship that wasn't Bama was 2011. And there's a reason no one talks smack about Vandy. No one dislikes Purdue either.

Planking

Mudbone":2b2go8ns said:
Wth!!!
I fell asleep right after 3rd quarter started. One of the last drives I remember is the refs really helping the tide. There was a blocked punt that Georgia recovered deep in bama territory but were called offsides on. Then, once they got the ball, a uga rb bout had his helmet ripped off his head on 3rd and long and didn't get a whistle and had to punt. Bama then went on a long drive and scored a td with the freshman qb. I knew right then something stupid was gonna happen.I was pulling for uga.
It seems one aspect of the game Bama always wins at is the luck of the refs side of the ball.
The QB for UGA was also hit in the head after he was down and that was a clear personal foul that wasn't called. The offensive lineman for Bama tackled that UGA player from behind when he was about to make the tackle enabling the bama qb to scramble for a first down on third down. There was incidental contact on the pass interference call. It was the only football game of any kind i have watched all year and i thought it was rigged.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled

Planking":wbx730ul said:
Mudbone":wbx730ul said:
Wth!!!
The QB for UGA was also hit in the head after he was down and that was a clear personal foul that wasn't called. The offensive lineman for Bama tackled that UGA player from behind when he was about to make the tackle enabling the bama qb to scramble for a first down on third down. There was incidental contact on the pass interference call. It was the only football game of any kind i have watched all year and i thought it was rigged.
I'm a UGA fan, and I saw all of those plays. I agree that several calls went Bamas way, and these did effect the game, but UGA had several chances but did not capitalize. UGA got conservative on their play calling instead of keeping the foot on the gas, and they didn't tackle well or committed stupid penalties that extended drives for Bama. Also, the bomb at the end of the game was not defended well downfield.

Mudbone

Scioto":1er0611j said:

Of those nine, Bama won five of them. The last time an SEC team won the national championship that wasn't Bama was 2011. And there's a reason no one talks smack about Vandy. No one dislikes Purdue either.
What???
My favorite team is made fun of on here more than any other team besides Florida and Bama.
You have all the vol fans on ignore list or something?
Why is it that guys with favorite teams in the big hate the sec teams so much? All the stinking championships maybe? I sorta hate the Patriots cause they always win.

PalsPal

Great game.

Kind of glad Bama won after the way things played out, because the poor kicker would be getting death threats from the likes of PDB.

One thing the announcers mentioned last night that struck me as a key was that GA had lost NO starters to injury this season. THAT is a crazy fact, if true, and a huge factor in GA's success this year.

The game points to the genius of Saban in that he was able to win that game with many freshman playing against a senior-laden GA team.

mr.big

Georgia didnt adjust after Alabama did and Saban won that game,,,

cbhunter

EastTNHunter":7in7gm7f said:
Planking":7in7gm7f said:
Mudbone":7in7gm7f said:
Wth!!!
I'm a UGA fan, and I saw all of those plays. I agree that several calls went Bamas way, and these did effect the game, but UGA had several chances but did not capitalize. UGA got conservative on their play calling instead of keeping the foot on the gas, and they didn't tackle well or committed stupid penalties that extended drives for Bama. Also, the bomb at the end of the game was not defended well downfield.
very true and well said

BamaProud

FhCLfJM.jpg

Mike Belt

The first half belonged to Georgia. The second half and OT belonged to Alabama. They had to fight to win that one and they did. They deserved the win and congrats to them. Good game to watch.

Scioto

Mudbone":jxylby6m said:
Scioto":jxylby6m said:

What???
My favorite team is made fun of on here more than any other team besides Florida and Bama.
You have all the vol fans on ignore list or something?
Why is it that guys with favorite teams in the big hate the sec teams so much? All the stinking championships maybe? I sorta hate the Patriots cause they always win.

I don't "hate" any team. It's the collective claim of a conference championship when it's a team's championship, not a conference's, that gets me. If there was such a thing as an "AFC fan," they wouldn't claim a Patriots Super Bowl championship. The only role that Vandy had in last night's game was losing 104-14 to Bama and UGA this year. Just as Alabama fans have no claims to Vandy's college world series national championship of a few years ago, Vandy, Vols, Gators have no claim to Bama's five national championships the prior nine years. I don't hear any Georgia fans yelling SEC SEC SEC. They have a lot to be proud of - an SEC championship, an OT stop away from a national championship, and current #1 recruiting class. But Alabama is again top of the college football world, not the SEC.