Official College Football National Championship Game Thread

Scioto

Re: Official College Football National Championship Game Thr

What impressed me with Alabama's win is six true freshmen played material roles in that victory. Yes, Saban has the coconuts to bench his 26-2 QB starter for the second half down 13-0 for a true freshman QB. That's impressive in itself. Yes, all six were early enrollees. But what I find most impressive is the offensive staff not only developed those players. Four and 5 star talent alone doesn't win championships, it has to be developed to be able to materially contribute. And the staff had coached them to be prepared for the moment. Hat tip.

BamaProud

THEdonkey0515":2vze7vu1 said:
:bore:

This has been the only championship game I can remember in a long time I care nothing about may not even watch it....

I usually pull for the SEC, but since it's SEC VS SEC I really don't care at all.

Heard reports the ratings for this game will be way down.

Combined with the inaugural season, the College Football Playoff National Championship now represent the two-highest rated events on record for ESPN's networks.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... year-year/

PillsburyDoughboy

Scioto":2l1g1nzb said:
What impressed me with Alabama's win is six true freshmen played material roles in that victory. Yes, Saban has the coconuts to bench his 26-2 QB starter for the second half down 13-0 for a true freshman QB. That's impressive in itself. Yes, all six were early enrollees. But what I find most impressive is the offensive staff not only developed those players. Four and 5 star talent alone doesn't win championships, it has to be developed to be able to materially contribute. And the staff had coached them to be prepared for the moment. Hat tip.
And to think about the Elephant that sits in the room

Fromm Decommitted from ALABAMA . Imagine how he must be feeling today.

PillsburyDoughboy

89219fc4ab83701c9324547eebdef71e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zulu

Scioto":2yszbmn8 said:

Saban spoke to this in one of the many interviews I watched last night. It boiled down to the point that these super-talented athletes rarely stay for all five years of eligibility, so there's no real point in wasting one of those years as a red shirt. Instead, they get them to early enroll and look for ways that they can contribute early. Like you, I was amazed at the number of times I heard "true freshman" said last night. That was a rarity just 10 years ago.

I was probably less surprised than most that Tua got put in the second half. Word in the Bama inside was that he had an absolutely incredible set of practices leading into the playoffs, and there were strong rumors that if Jalen couldn't get it done is the Sugar Bowl they were going to put Tua in. I told my son at the end of the first that I wouldn't be surprised if Tua came out in the second half. To be honest, I was still a little surprised; gutsy move by Saban.

THEdonkey0515

BamaProud":71ywrgin said:
THEdonkey0515":71ywrgin said:
:bore:

This has been the only championship game I can remember in a long time I care nothing about may not even watch it....

I usually pull for the SEC, but since it's SEC VS SEC I really don't care at all.

Heard reports the ratings for this game will be way down.

Combined with the inaugural season, the College Football Playoff National Championship now represent the two-highest rated events on record for ESPN's networks.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... year-year/
Good for them I guess :tu: I was saying they was reports going around saying it could have low ratings.

They was others to say the same thing on here :tu: you may tell me I didn't see those comments also lol :)

PillsburyDoughboy

All seriousness Georgia has nothing to be ashamed of. They are coming off their best season in years. Kirby has that team whipped into shape and with the #1 recruiting so far they are probably a lock for the East next year.

They just got out played and out coached by the team that WAS #1 all season long. And in the end... proved why they were the #1 Team!

Great Game and a great season.

Zulu

PillsburyDoughboy":zhehdv6l said:

Fromm has nothing to be ashamed of. He had a great game for a true freshman (there goes that term again). No telling how he would have meshed with the Bama system. On the other hand, one of the reason that Tua committed to Bama was because Fromm decommitted. I'll take that trade.

PillsburyDoughboy

Zulu":a23gyr7x said:
Scioto":a23gyr7x said:

Saban spoke to this in one of the many interviews I watched last night. It boiled down to the point that these super-talented athletes rarely stay for all five years of eligibility, so there's no real point in wasting one of those years as a red shirt. Instead, they get them to early enroll and look for ways that they can contribute early. Like you, I was amazed at the number of times I heard "true freshman" said last night. That was a rarity just 10 years ago.

I was probably less surprised than most that Tua got put in the second half. Word in the Bama inside was that he had an absolutely incredible set of practices leading into the playoffs, and there were strong rumors that if Jalen couldn't get it done is the Sugar Bowl they were going to put Tua in. I told my son at the end of the first that I wouldn't be surprised if Tua came out in the second half. To be honest, I was still a little surprised; gutsy move by Saban.
I was shocked to be honest but understand after hearing Nick say why he did it and of course you can't argue with the outcome. Georgia was shutting ALABAMA down and we were off the field on every third and long. Saban had to make some sort of adjustment and knew we were not going to be able to win the game on the running game against Georgia. We were going to have to put the ball up in the air and he knew Tua had the arm for that. Makes perfect sense to rotate out the QB in that senario.

Would not surprise me to see him utilize both QB next year for certain teams and certain Situations. Think of Hurts and a VW safe and reliable and will get you there. TUA being the Maserati being full of Speed and flash in the pan. Could make for a great combination.

PillsburyDoughboy

Zulu":16ku7rzm said:
PillsburyDoughboy":16ku7rzm said:

Fromm has nothing to be ashamed of. He had a great game for a true freshman (there goes that term again). No telling how he would have meshed with the Bama system. On the other hand, one of the reason that Tua committed to Bama was because Fromm decommitted. I'll take that trade.
Did you notice that Fromm and the Georgia offense did not hardly throw a single pass in the second half???

ALABAMA offense is getting the spotlight but lets not forget this ALABAMA defense that really won this game for ALABAMA. They got that one touchdown sure...but ALABAMA wore them out so bad in the first half that they ran out of gas. They had nothing left in the tank. You could see them gasping for air after every play. Ill go back to what I said earlier. Georgia got beat down pretty hard in the Rose Bowl. You don't put up 50+ points on Offense against OK and a week later come out firing against the #1 Defense in the country. They spent it all in the first half and didnt have anything left for the 2nd half. ALABAMA put in a fresh rested QB and kept rotating in and out the Defense that they are so famous for and as they say the rest is history.

cbhunter

PillsburyDoughboy":3dxcm9zj said:
Zulu":3dxcm9zj said:
Scioto":3dxcm9zj said:

I was shocked to be honest but understand after hearing Nick say why he did it and of course you can't argue with the outcome. Georgia was shutting ALABAMA down and we were off the field on every third and long. Saban had to make some sort of adjustment and knew we were not going to be able to win the game on the running game against Georgia. We were going to have to put the ball up in the air and he knew Tua had the arm for that. Makes perfect sense to rotate out the QB in that senario.

Would not surprise me to see him utilize both QB next year for certain teams and certain Situations. Think of Hurts and a VW safe and reliable and will get you there. TUA being the Maserati being full of Speed and flash in the pan. Could make for a great combination.
dont kid yourself man, I think it's safe to say that Hurts will never take another snap barring an injury to Tua. 2 qb system is never good.
Hats off to the tide and especially saban for grinding it out and getting the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts