nosy neighbors

gobblinfool

So I was trimming the meat from my doe after stripping her, there was a knock at the door, it was the game warden. He asked me if I had killed a deer the day before, I said yes. He said that the Sheriffs department got an anonymous call about my deer. I asked if he wanted my license, he said yes....I invited him in.....couldn't find my wallet, but luckily I saved my TWRA online confirmation email. He was happy, so I took him out to have him age her, he said 4+. We talked Alaska for a bit as I have my Moose/Bou/other critters in my entryway. I wish I had gotten his name, very nice guy.

I thought it interesting that I have lived here for 5 years......and this isn't the first deer to be at my house.

Jcalder

At my old house I used to hang them in the front yard. Not to rile anyone but it was where the best tree from the job. Had several compliments from the neighbors. I did worry about the ones that hung over night that the Mexicans might take it tho lol

Big or small, kill em all

catman529

most game wardens are cool, nosy people are bi-atches. Call the sherriff because you saw a guy with a dead deer... well you're just... dumb

tasaman

Poser":3j8w3jvq said:
I'm a bit surprised that the PD even bothered to refer to the call to TWRA.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

Even then I'm surprised the GW showed up. Especially for a doe. We picked up a nice buck road kill one time and TWRA and GW acted like it was too much to bother with. So you try to do things legally and they pass you up. Then in the process of doing everything legally they want to investigate you. I can't figure out whats important to anyone anymore.

Atchman2

I used to skin raccoons under my deck. :D Got LOTS of stares from that, but not calls. Now I've just stolen my kids swingset since they don't use it anymore. :p

Buzzard Breath

treefarmer":2shz7zhm said:
I have two kids swingset houses on 4' legs as blinds. They work well and have roofs to keep me dry. I got rid of the swings and kept the houses.
Do you access it by climbing the rock climbing wall? :super:

Latest posts