How to stop neighbors dogs!

noahtn

On our farm we have a neighbor who has a couple of dogs who are starting to be a problem. They show up on one of my cameras every morning and the sequence of photos shows them running deer off. The neighbor of course is a jerk and won't do anything about it. Any thoughts on a solution...short of calling the county dog catcher, who I doubt would even come out. Anybody have any non lethal suggestions?

Pic IN the Casa

That's tough. But if you've exhausted your conversations with the neighbor AND Animal Control you can either get the sheriff involved or pay an attorney to craft a letter.

backyardtndeer

We get a LOT of trail cam pics of dogs, afraid people dump them up the road on the highway in the bottoms. We don't usually get the same dogs repeatedly though. The sss is not something I would suggest, karma is a bit.. and we have our own dogs. Would not want another hunter shooting them if they happened to get loose and lost.

Catch the dogs, either by trap or coaxing them with a treat. Cart them off to the pound. Don't dump them somewhere and make them someone else's problem though.

fwiw, we adopted a stray that showed up in our backyard about 14 years ago, she has killed countless water moccasins and copperheads. Been an absolutely awesome dog.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
On our farm we have a neighbor who has a couple of dogs who are starting to be a problem. They show up on one of my cameras every morning and the sequence of photos shows them running deer off. The neighbor of course is a jerk and won't do anything about it. Any thoughts on a solution...short of calling the county dog catcher, who I doubt would even come out. Anybody have any non lethal suggestions?
I would take the dogs to a pound then throw a bunch of roofing nails on the jerks driveway.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
I have been there called everyone I could law,twra,dog catcher i have even tried to talk to neighbors nothing worked. I will say this if you plan on eliminating the problem don't talk to the homeowners of the dog. If you talk to them then kill the dog whether poison or bullet it may cause you some grief

1jamey

I only see 3 options if nobody will do anything including the owner. Live with it,trap it, or take care of it. You as a landowner have rights and it sux u have selfish neighbors. Mine will tie their dogs during season but they are family.

easy45

Call the county, first time will be a warning but they will cite them the second time, if it starts costing them money they will put them up.

Latest posts