Night time predator hunts?

Are you in favor of night time predator hunting?

• Yes

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • It won't help turkey survival.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • You feel other solutions are better

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

scn

I will make a reminder post when the comment period starts!
I'm not sure there is a comment period this year.

In 2018 (I think), the agency went to a system where they set seasons for two years at a time. They went through one cycle in 2018-19. In 2020, they set seasons for 2020-21. They said they would address any "emergency" issues that came up during the cycle, but were going to try to not change the hunting season Proclamations unless absolutely necessary.

Thus, I doubt they would have any interest in this issue this year. In 2022, they will be setting seasons for 22-23. The comment period normally starts in January.

And, since the Commission sets the seasons and not the agency, I can't say a night rifle season couldn't make it through. But, I can almost promise it will be heavily fought by TWRA.

JCDEERMAN

The Commission knows nothing about wildlife - what a joke. I'd be interested to know why the TWRA would be against night predator hunting January through September. What does the majority of the TWRA do during that time period (other than during duck and turkey seasons)?

scn

There are a bunch of safety and non-target animal issues with rifle hunting at night. I would not support it. I highly suspect the agency would be 100% against it.

And, to say the Commission knows nothing about wildlife is a total joke as well. Most of the members are very experienced hunters and fishermen.

Latest posts