First time out this season

C1295

How many of yall has had any luck so far? This is the first chance I have had this season and it's dead silent out here.

megalomaniac

You are a little late. 21,000 fewer birds alive to gobble. There's still plenty out there, but they aren't going to talk as much due to the pressure and numbers killed. Be patient and don't give up, but won't be as easy as opening weekend

C1295

You are a little late. 21,000 fewer birds alive to gobble. There's still plenty out there, but they aren't going to talk as much due to the pressure and numbers killed. Be patient and don't give up, but won't be as easy as opening weekend
With work and lift this was my first chance.

rem270

Been tough for me but I can say I had a blessed last 2 seasons that made them all look easy so I was due for a tough one. Birds hammered like crazy for me opening day but couldn't make it happen. Hunted a brand new spot last Monday and didn't hear a peep.

Last Tues I watched 7 hens and gobbler fly down and he only gobbled twice on the ground and none on roost. Had a Jake fool me that was gobbling his head off and he stepped out perfect and I realized it was a Jake.

No gobbling at all in Wednesday and it was hot most of the day.

Figured the cool down would have them on fire yesterday but only heard 2 birds gobble together about 8 and they were 500+ yards away.

Didn't go this morning. Set up at 2 today and haven't heard a bird.

I know they're around and they'll play the game sooner or later. Just nice being out here.

C1295

Been tough for me but I can say I had a blessed last 2 seasons that made them all look easy so I was due for a tough one. Birds hammered like crazy for me opening day but couldn't make it happen. Hunted a brand new spot last Monday and didn't hear a peep.

Last Tues I watched 7 hens and gobbler fly down and he only gobbled twice on the ground and none on roost. Had a Jake fool me that was gobbling his head off and he stepped out perfect and I realized it was a Jake.

No gobbling at all in Wednesday and it was hot most of the day.

Figured the cool down would have them on fire yesterday but only heard 2 birds gobble together about 8 and they were 500+ yards away.

Didn't go this morning. Set up at 2 today and haven't heard a bird.

I know they're around and they'll play the game sooner or later. Just nice being out here.
I hope to get another chance to get out and try another spot before the end of season. Have had it rough the last few years with work and being able to find time to go. Hopefully I'll make it happen this season. And good look brother hopefully you get the chance to get on a big one.

Latest posts