NewGuy from NY (please don't hit me, yet) :-)

Iglow

Now , don't y'all give this carpetbagger a hard time! He's just trying to get on the right side of things!

Sorry, you pitched it right over the plate and I couldn't resist! 🤣

There's plenty of good folks up north, I don't blame them for wanting to get away from up there. Just vote red and you'll get along fine down here.

TechNY210

Have you personally visited that area?
Don't be like some goofy transplants have done and buy without putting boots on the ground.
I'm about 90 miles west of that area.
I will be there in Sept. You are 100% correct, I can spend days on the web and phone calls (did that) but that's all for nought without walking the path.
I want to see it, smell it, feel it before the big move. My Son adjusted well in NC and told me countless time to move, but who da heck listen to their own kids, right? lol
I will ring ya when I'm down there and will buy you lunch, how's that?

TechNY210

Now , don't y'all give this carpetbagger a hard time! He's just trying to get on the right side of things!

Sorry, you pitched it right over the plate and I couldn't resist! 🤣

There's plenty of good folks up north, I don't blame them for wanting to get away from up there. Just vote red and you'll get along fine down here.
You mean I can actually wear my old jeans jacket with confederate flag again? That's nice...

Specializedjon

You're gonna fit right in. We dish out a lot of 💩 and can take a lot. Congrats on your upcoming move to America. It doesn't get any better than TN. Start workin on your "y'all" and "all" (oil). Whatever you do....do not pronounce the "...ville" in any word you see. It's "Shelby..vul ", "Collier..vul", etc.

Welcome sir. Glad you joined the fire.

UCStandSitter

You're gonna fit right in. We dish out a lot of 💩 and can take a lot. Congrats on your upcoming move to America. It doesn't get any better than TN. Start workin on your "y'all" and "all" (oil). Whatever you do....do not pronounce the "...ville" in any word you see. It's "Shelby..vul ", "Collier..vul", etc.

Welcome sir. Glad you joined the fire.
Don't go indoctrinating him with that West TN nonsense. We pronounce the ville part here on the east side. However, it is pronounced "vull". Like Knoxvull

Chiflyguy

I will be there in Sept. You are 100% correct, I can spend days on the web and phone calls (did that) but that's all for nought without walking the path.
I want to see it, smell it, feel it before the big move. My Son adjusted well in NC and told me countless time to move, but who da heck listen to their own kids, right? lol
I will ring ya when I'm down there and will buy you lunch, how's that?
We'll talk closer to September 👍

Lt.Dan

Thanks LT
I'm kinda checking all boxes, NYC liberal crap is what finally got me to GTFO. I'm still in the red country but the smell of NYC carries vast distances and spreads like Canadian wild fires leaving you with no room to breathe. I know I will be fine with the all others "requirements".
There are hunting reqs in TN? lol Just kidding, can't be worse than NY/NJ/CT. I will adjust accordingly, you know "improvise, adopt, overcome" rule applies.

Bless Your heart (the good one)
The regs down here take a law degree to decipher. I still hunt in the Finger Lakes Region as well as down here. Let me know where you land. I'm in the Chattanooga area

DaveTN

Welcome from middle Tennessee. 👍

Make no mistake about it, this group, and Tennesseans in general will judge you. The good news is most will judge you on what you say and do, not where you are from. 🤣

You mean I can actually wear my old jeans jacket with confederate flag again? That's nice...
Maybe. You can't wear it to CMT, they won't let you in, and if you wear it to downtown Nashville, Memphis or Knoxville, you might get your truck windows knocked out or your azz beat. But most everywhere else it would be acceptable.

You will find that in Tennessee, like most places if you display the confederate flag, most folks won't know what it is. But they will recognize the battle flag.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

My 2 cents worth:#1 you don't have to curse every other word you say to get a point across.#2 slow down, we move at a slower pace on the upper east side.#3 be nice to folks and respect their way of life, if you do they will more loyal to you than a stray dog. #4 go to your local church and don't freak out when the preacher starts sweating and yelling, we ain't weird we are just old timey.. #5 when you buy mountain land here, you should know that 2' below the surface is rock and more rock, so plan on extra$ when excavating.

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
Thanks LT
I'm kinda checking all boxes, NYC liberal crap is what finally got me to GTFO. I'm still in the red country but the smell of NYC carries vast distances and spreads like Canadian wild fires leaving you with no room to breathe. I know I will be fine with the all others "requirements".
There are hunting reqs in TN? lol Just kidding, can't be worse than NY/NJ/CT. I will adjust accordingly, you know "improvise, adopt, overcome" rule applies.

Bless Your heart (the good one)
Can't get there from here.....Yoar ennuf ar losted......Bless your heart....LOL

agelessssone

My 2 cents worth:#1 you don't have to curse every other word you say to get a point across.#2 slow down, we move at a slower pace on the upper east side.#3 be nice to folks and respect their way of life, if you do they will more loyal to you than a stray dog. #4 go to your local church and don't freak out when the preacher starts sweating and yelling, we ain't weird we are just old timey.. #5 when you buy mountain land here, you should know that 2' below the surface is rock and more rock, so plan on extra$ when excavating.
I have to disagree with the 2' below is all rock.
At my house it's more like 3" below grass is all rock!

Latest posts